Intel Corporation

www.intel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Has to be one of the best large technology companies to work for

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

world class company with world class employees, great work-life balance, strategically significant, solid and consistent experience throughout my career, excellent core values, ability to interface with counterparts in other countries and work with customers all over the globe, informed risk-taking is encouraged

Cons

Sheer size can be an issue for newcomers, need to network a lot to become successful, would like to see more US work sites beyond those concentrated on the west coast

4167 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

Work harder, not smarter... there is no life outside of work

Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager
    Current Employee - Software Engineering Manager

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The compensation and benefits are good.

Cons

We are expected to work every evening and every weekend. Holiday's too. Work-life balance is non-existent. I've never even heard the term mentioned. Processes and tools make what should be the simplest tasks challenging and time consuming. The organizations are overloaded with governance which stifles productivity and brings decision making to a crawl.

We are told that the employees are Intel's most valuable asset, yet they are treated as if they are disposable. They are pushed to their breaking point and treated in a disrespectful manner. If you really value your employees, focus more on how to improve their efficiency and promote work life balance. Work life balance means that employees are able to maintain a high level of energy on the job. Without it, they put in more hours but are less efficient.

Will never consider working for Intel as a contractor again

Former Employee - Contact Worker (CW) in Chandler, AZ
    Former Employee - Contact Worker (CW) in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Intel Corporation as a contractor (less than a year)

Pros

Knowledgeable people and good technology.

Cons

I was hired as a contact worker (CW) for a group within Intel in Chandler, AZ after almost six month after I have interviewed with the manager. Apparently the project was not funded on time but the manager liked the first phone interview and ask if I am "still available". I have moved from California to Chandler and leased an apartment on the promise that the contract will last at least one year or 18 month. The contract started with about 3 weeks of slow paced self training meant to get familiar with Intel design procedures and tools.
    Suffice to say after the training was completed no actual work materialized in any shape and form.
    The manager who was managing several departments at different Intel sites including the one I was in Chandler blamed the lack of work on corporate and delayed any tasks until I become very clear that no work was scheduled ahead.
    After two month of inquires and hoping to be utilized at my full skills and qualification I was told there is no work planned ahead and I was let go.
    I was also stuck with a lease I had o break.
    In summary during my two month stint at Intel all I have experienced was incompetence, arrogance and a total lack of consideration and respect toward contactors.

Be honest with your employees including the contact workers you bring aboard.
    Improve your way of manage your departments and the people working for you.

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation