Intel Corporation

www.intel.com

Mort than just a "Great place to work!"

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsIntel can be an exciting and engaging place to work. They are literally building the future and if you have the right skills and commitment you can too! There are many unseen elements opportunities over their diverse range of careers there. Impeccably ethical, if not to the point of seeking to be uniformly equitable to all.

ConsYou really do own your own career there and shouldn't expect much in the way of someone else bringing you along. They are a huge company very much akin to working for a small government in many regards. Management is not iffy on making whole-scale cuts or reorganizations to meet the need of business direction, so no job is completely "safe" from the restructuring ax. They love to work RCG's because they usually have nothing but work to fill their lives. Can make it feel a bit like a meat grinder.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to better leverage the ideas and innovations of individual contributors. Some teams are still bound by the groups they originate from. There is no excuse for upper management to have not foreseen the growth of the phone market nor the tablet market. These were obvious plays that should have been driven by Intel innovation and not chased as a me-too brand play. Get some thought leaders in who are not played out media-mavens (yes, I do mean Wil.I.Am...) There is no reason Intel should not be putting processors into EVERY sheet of reusable paper being used and putting them in every school across America...or the world. Get someone to think outside the box for a bit.

Help the company make the mental shift from high margin processors to high volume processors. This mentality is a HUGE impediment to the transition inside Intel. Too many people's compensation is structured around high margin mark-ups and this will have to change as the people's platform of choice changes. It will happen one way or another, help them be ready for it.

Great place to work if you have good manager

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros: All tool to be succesfull Cons: if you have wrong manager run away More

Software Engineer Review (Grade 5-6)

Software Engineer (Current Employee) Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: 1- Job security is very high. Firing is very low although in 2014 they have done some layoff through an attractive voluntary separation plan. 2-… Cons: 1- Base pay is less compared to other employers. Not a top payer. 2- Upper management is slow in decision… Advice to Senior Management: Decision making should be much faster. Products should be released on a faster cadence. Redundancy within the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Intel Corporation.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!