Intel Corporation

www.intel.com

Mort than just a "Great place to work!"

Systems Analyst (Current Employee) Hillsboro, OR

ProsIntel can be an exciting and engaging place to work. They are literally building the future and if you have the right skills and commitment you can too! There are many unseen elements opportunities over their diverse range of careers there. Impeccably ethical, if not to the point of seeking to be uniformly equitable to all.

ConsYou really do own your own career there and shouldn't expect much in the way of someone else bringing you along. They are a huge company very much akin to working for a small government in many regards. Management is not iffy on making whole-scale cuts or reorganizations to meet the need of business direction, so no job is completely "safe" from the restructuring ax. They love to work RCG's because they usually have nothing but work to fill their lives. Can make it feel a bit like a meat grinder.

Advice to Senior ManagementStrive to better leverage the ideas and innovations of individual contributors. Some teams are still bound by the groups they originate from. There is no excuse for upper management to have not foreseen the growth of the phone market nor the tablet market. These were obvious plays that should have been driven by Intel innovation and not chased as a me-too brand play. Get some thought leaders in who are not played out media-mavens (yes, I do mean Wil.I.Am...) There is no reason Intel should not be putting processors into EVERY sheet of reusable paper being used and putting them in every school across America...or the world. Get someone to think outside the box for a bit.

Help the company make the mental shift from high margin processors to high volume processors. This mentality is a HUGE impediment to the transition inside Intel. Too many people's compensation is structured around high margin mark-ups and this will have to change as the people's platform of choice changes. It will happen one way or another, help them be ready for it.

ITIL Service Operations including Incident Management and Problem Management

Staff Engineer (Former Employee) Chandler, AZ

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Six Sigma Lean clean connections and flows/clear expectations/efficiency Cons: Sometimes did not follow their own decision making process, and… Advice to Senior Management: More decision making at the lowest appropriate level. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Un enviable talent, ethical, compassionate, process oriented, dynamic

Senior Manager (Current Employee) Portland, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Un enviable talent, ethical, compassionate, process oriented, dynamic company Cons: completely reliant on manufacturing innovation Advice to Senior Management: cut middle management slack; enforce time discipline; reduce work-life flexibility;… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on Intel Corporation.

Worked for Intel Corporation? Contribute to the Community!