There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Good company, lots of politics

Former Employee - Design Engineer in Folsom, CA
Former Employee - Design Engineer in Folsom, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent engineering skills, upper management is open and honest about strategy, industry, etc.
Most engineers are very good at their job, and are very dedicated. The entire company is very tech-centric. I've worked at companies that aren't this way, and it is refreshing to see upper management really understand the tech industry.

Cons

Lots of politics! Also, middle management seems to have a hard time accepting that the Intel way of doing things is no longer the universal way. There tends to be a lot of people there that think that the rest of the world is waiting for Intel to produce something before it will buy it. Trouble is, that's no longer the case. Lots of internal politics, also. A poorly worded email at the wrong time can kill your entire yearly review.

It's time to modernize procedures! Intel is badly behind in the tech world and needs to catch up. Upper management seems to be trying, but there is still too many middle managers that still push the old Intel way of doing things.

Intel Corporation Response

Jul 15, 2014Talent Branding Solutions Manager

Thanks for taking the time to post this! Your insights are spot on. Our Senior Management team understands the need for us to shift the company culture and for us move with much greater velocity ... More

reviews filtered by

Challenging, sometimes to the extreme, but satisfying

Current Employee - Process Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Current Employee - Process Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I have been working at Intel Corporation full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

My work is very interesting, the people I work with are smart, motivated, and fun. Note that every department and boss is different, and each experience is definitely unique, but on the whole the company has good values, does great research, and provides a challenging environment.

Cons

Long hours, demanding management, and dilapidated computer systems for setting up wafer processing and in general extremely slow computer systems (oh the irony)

More focus needed on work-life balance.

2. Summer Internship

Former Intern - Signal Integrity Intern in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Intern - Signal Integrity Intern in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

It's an enormous company that works on a variety of things which allows for movement to different jobs. There are lots of talented folks working there.

Cons

It is an enormous company and it's easy to feel like a tiny cog in a machine.

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation