Intel Corporation

www.intel.com
  www.intel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

A Tale of Two Companies...

Current Employee - Engineer in Folsom, CA
Current Employee - Engineer in Folsom, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

- Good Salary and benefits package
- Work/Life balance is an Intel value and generally promoted In the office environment
- Smart co-workers and managers
- Results is what matters. This has made the company successful in the market.

Cons

Intel is really two separate companies, the manufacturing part (known as TMG), and the non-manufacturing part (engineering, corporate services, IT, Payroll, HR, etc…). The cultural difference between them is like night and day. The belief within TMG is they make the money and the rest of the company is just unecessary overhead. The culture in the non-mfg side is much more easy-going and workers are generally happier. Work/life balance in the office environment is a very important corporate value, wheras in TMG, it’s a source of irritation and just another diversion from all that matters – making chips.

There's more to life than making chips. The company needs to be more services-focused and not so dependent on product lines.

3881 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

Contractors Paid Well

Former Employee - Contract Senior Technical Writer in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Contract Senior Technical Writer in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation

Pros

Reputation, quality of employees, and cutting-edge, consumer and business hardware (products)

Cons

As a contractor, I was treated well; however, my position was sent overseas - I heard about full-time technical writers who lost their jobs to contractors (like me), so perhaps it was somewhat fitting I lost my job to an overseas employee.

Dealing with employees in China and India seemed to impede process and progress; language barriers and general lack of product knowledge (on the overseas employees' parts) is not being examined enough - efficiency is taking a backseat to profit. Out of a team of engineers, only a few were good due to their ESL difficulties.

None except corporations really need to think of the long-term repurcussions of putting all their eggs in one basket by outsourcing more and more.

Information security, Software Security, Operations Security

Current Employee - Information Security Specialist in Rio Rancho, NM
    Current Employee - Information Security Specialist in Rio Rancho, NM

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

Stability of the company, compensation is good and this company provides the empoyee with the ability to pave their own path to success. allows people to find the perfect fit for a postion where you can grown.

Cons

advancement and raises are slow.

Management needs to do better at keeping top talent.

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation