Intel Corporation

www.intel.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation

Laid back place to work with good people

Current Employee - Analyst in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Analyst in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Intel Corporation

Pros

Laid back atmosphere and work flexibilty as far as time off and work from home. There is strong brand recognition and lots of opportunity to work in different roles if so desired, in different geographical locations.

Cons

Low relative compensation and somewhat silo-ed businesses. There are situations where one business does not know what is going on in the other businesses. Although Intel is an enormous multinational corporation, more efforts should be made to make businesses aware of each other's business processes and models. In the current environment there is a lot of confusion when different analysts from different businesses have to sit down at the same table to define a single uniform process to be adopted.

Set up the compensation for talent.

4276 Other Employee Reviews for Intel Corporation (View Most Recent)

Intel Inside needs Innovation.

Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Systems Analyst in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Intel Corporation

Pros

I learned a lot from working for Intel but I learned on my own because I am a life-long learner. If you have a good manager this is a good place to work. Intel provides good benefits and decent salary. It is a place for training ground, a place for a stepping stone to a greater thing in life for many professionals.

Cons

If you have a lousy manager the you are hosted. Surival of the fittest. You are on your own, you are constantly being compared to co-workers.TO some managers, If you go out of your way and are willing to help others and to share with others then you are a fool. The nature of the competitiveness between managers which breed unwillingness of co-workers to share their knowledge with you this is selfishness of co-workers because they want to learn what they do not know and they want you to teach them but non of them are willing to teach you what they know when you are not good at it. None of them want to be at the bottom 5%.

Middle management only tells you the good news they do not convey the bad news or what lies underneath. Get to know employees more on the personal level. Do not rely onthe middle managers. Since I left in 2001 Intel stocks have never recover to it high level and it never split again as it did every other year. WHY?

The people! Diverse, intelligent, opinionated and extremely knowledgeable. If

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hillsboro, OR

I worked at Intel Corporation

Pros

The people! Diverse, intelligent, opinionated and extremely knowledgeable. If you want to be surrounded by people that actually *know* every single thing about computers and software, there's no other place

Intel has many worlds inside itself. If you change from one team to another, is like changing from one company to another, everything is totally different. So if you're bored with one aspect of technology, change to a different group and learn about other stuff without leaving company.

The benefits are mostly great (see exceptions at the list of downsides), in special the medical benefits.

It is inspiring to work in products that are used by millions (and in some cases billions) of people.

Cons

There's no transparency on how people's performance are reviewed, the only clear thing is that it is a popularity contest where the management friends are rewarded and everyone else hang on tight because of the benefits. Then if you spend some time without promotion, your chances for promotions diminish dramatically because you're labeled "with low career velocity".

Internally we know that we are just like IBM in the 80s: a company that just got rid of a host of anti trust issues, with a huge hierarchy, ossified processes all over and so very slow to respond to the competition.

That's because the only way to grow professionaly is by becoming a manager. So people that should and people that shouldn't be a manager are fighting hand and fist to become one. Then we have more hierarchy, and the monster feeds itself...

Cut the hierarchy: we don't need so many layers of managemen

There are newer employer reviews for Intel Corporation