There are newer employer reviews for Intela

Very frustrating still have start-up blues even though they've been in business over five years!

I have been working at Intela

Pros

Centrally located, fairly interesting technologies.

Cons

People do not understand the word professionalism, too much micro-management, horrible work space -like a Bangalore call center, pay rate is well under what other companies will pay, upper management believes the average time a worker will stay there is about one year, so they do very little to retain their employees. Lot's of finger pointing from upper management, but very little trying to get at the cause of problems. VPs behave very unprofessional and are not afraid of chastising their employees in a public forum.

Stop micro-managing your employees. You hired them to do a job, let them do it. Get a long term plan and stick by it. Stop reacting and start planning!

18 Other Employee Reviews for Intela (View Most Recent)

Great place to work!

Former Employee - QA Test Analyst  in  Boulder, CO
    Former Employee - QA Test Analyst in Boulder, CO

I worked at Intela full-time for less than a year

Pros

Flexibility to go to gym at lunch or ride a bike. The people that I worked with were very warm and welcome. They endure a Friday beer tradition. I felt like the workload was very fast passed and past the time quickly. Even though a lot of the development staff got cut we all came together and tried to help each other out with resources to find new employment.

Cons

not much of a notice when things go down hill. When things do go bad they go bad very fast.

Let your employees know when to start looking for work. come out of your office and talk to your employees a bit to let them know you are around if they need some help.

Downtown Boulder Office

I have been working at Intela

Pros

Great People and Location! Good breakout of teams and knowledge base of employees. Great employee events and promotions.

Cons

Red Tape..... Lack of accountability. Most promotions came from outside hires. Way too many meetings that had no purpose.

There are newer employer reviews for Intela

Worked for Intela? Contribute to the Community!