There are newer employer reviews for InteliSecure

Poorly poorly managed, the false dream.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Castle Rock, CO

I worked at InteliSecure full-time (More than a year)

Pros

-Good place for a first job as they are eager to hire young college grads. -The majority of employees were really nice and great to work with. -At least one, but only one, of the managers can be applauded for great dedication to both the company and their employees.

Cons

-No training existed, despite their claims it does. -Roughly 50% of the staff that existed upon my hire-on date has quit. -Management consists of young 23 year olds with only a year's work experience. -Personally lied to about benefits and salary bumps. -Promised 90 day reviews (by contract) to discuss salary was ignored. -Placed on probation for no reason, later to find out management thought I was using my military service as an excuse to get out of work (I was currently serving in the service at the time). Was never given an apology, no manager even approached me to ask if I could provide documentation and proof, which I would have readily done. -Extensive gap between management and employees. -Zero managerial decisions made in advance of problems. Decisions always made after employees suffered extensively. -Clear effort to hire young college students who don't know better. -The not only tolerance but advocacy for drug use and alcohol (and we're not talking about "beer Fridays") -Witnessed one employee fired very publicly, in-front of the entire company, with screaming and profanity. -Work life balance is preached, but completely ignored. Expect to work minimum 60 hour weeks or be ostracized. -Managers with extremely poor leadership skills. Not uncommon to have managers talk behind the backs of their employees and then once confronted, claim they said nothing. -Clear effort to sell the company is disguised by management offering stock options, however after 2 years of talking about these "options," nothing has been signed into any employees contracts. -Sales department benefits from all the work of managed services department. Once a sale is transitioned to a managed service (of which my department oversaw), if the client renews because we provided excellent service, we saw no bonus or percentage. Instead sales were rewarded for our work. -If you want to do the best and don't settle for less, you will be continually frustrated by an environment of complacent attitude, where hours worked are much preferred over quality of work. -I had 3 managers in the course of 90 days. -The poor quality of the company will always be excused by the term "growing pains." -Disillusioned young managers convinced the company will be their payout and doorway to be rich.

Advice to Management

Understand that the opinions of managers do not reflect the whole of the company.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

The Real Story at BEW Global

I have been working at InteliSecure full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I have been at BEW Global for over 3 years now and it is an unbelievable place to work. When I started at BEW there were only 8 people at the company and now there are over 70. There were definitely challenges along the way, but the experience will be invaluable throughout my whole professional career. If you work hard and bring innovative ideas to the management team, there is a lot of career growth at the company. However, this is not a place for people that just want to punch clock and only work 40 or less hours a week. The management team strives to have a great work life balance and they have implemented a GOT (Get Out There) Program which includes: a yearly ski trip, yearly white water rafting trip, mountain biking, hiking, sporting events, and community service just to name a few. Powder Days, where if it snows a certain amount we get the day off to go skiing or riding. The CEO really strives to make BEW Global a challenging and unique place to work and his door is always open if you have an idea or an issue.

Cons

You will have to challenge yourself and work more than 40 hours a week.

"Buyer Beware"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at InteliSecure full-time

Pros

- Booming industry - Periodic fun company outings - Meaningful work - Good place to learn using a "trial by fire" methodology - The CEO and CTO appear invested in the employees but the operational realities are the product of middle management

Cons

- You will be under payed - You will work more than 40 hours, often more than 50 (while not a con by itself and unsurprising in a growing company in a booming industry, but one's salary ought to reflect the effort) - Culture promotion seems contrived - Recognition is rare and ungenuine - Middle management (Director-/VP-level) operates in extremes -- micro-managing one day and then non-existent on the next - This is a "sales" company, not a "services" company, and the services workhorses certainly feel the pain created by this fact - While a training budget is allocated, there's no plan to support the employee and/or the clients while the employee actually attends the training; training "policy" is loose and undefined

Advice to Management

Start to pay market average for the various positions in our area and reflect even a small amount of value for those who perform at a high level. Follow through with what you promise. Recognize that the organization does hire bright individuals, which makes it difficult to "pull the wool over our eyes;" we see all because we are in the trenches everyday. Understand that negative reviews should be heard as much as the positive ones (especially when many of the positive reviews written on Glassdoor were fabricated by "legacy" individuals to offset the negative reviews). Companies that get rated high on Glassdoor do not have to fabricate an aura of awesome culture; rather, the culture grows naturally due to employees' buy-in and dedication to the work (and in turn, the organization). The likely response to this review will be to take the review "with a grain of salt." This sentiment is unsurprising and actually expected in this culture/environment. Management often promotes openness throughout the organization, but will take what the employees say/suggest with the same "grain of salt" and will more often than not use what is said against the employee.