Intelius

www.intelius.com
  www.intelius.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intelius

Shady dealings. Mixed messages from top management.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I have been working at Intelius full-time (less than an year)

Pros

They like to hire young people and give them a chance to grow.

Cons

The put those young people into positions they aren't ready for because they don't have to pay them much. They have a history of adding hidden fees into the transaction pipeline, which I thought had ended. But the last round of such behavior this summer resulted in the company laying off 1/4 of its employees.

Find your core competency, streamline it and stop trying to grift money from your users.

22 Other Employee Reviews for Intelius (View Most Recent)

Unethical, 0 Integrity Worst job ever

Former Employee - Customer Service in Bothell, WA
    Former Employee - Customer Service in Bothell, WA

I worked at Intelius full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Had a lunch break that is about it.

Cons

Everything but the lunch break

I decided after multiple negatives at this job to call it quits, first when I was hired I was told I was being hired for a sales role which then turned into a customer service role. But what sent me over the edge was the fact they knew they were robbing people of their money and we could not refund them their money unless the customer mentioned the BBB or the Attorney General. They had an out source company in Indonesia and one day a customer called me and asked why he was still being charged $40.00 a month on his CC, he said he canceled it 7 months ago and talked to the out source people and they were suppose to cancel it. I placed him on hold and investigated it and the out source had notes on his account that said he called and canceled his account. The out source person who canceled his account didn't cancel it the correct way so the customer was still being billed, knowing that is was our companies fault that he was still being billed I contacted a manager to ask if we could refund the customer I showed the manager the notes of the out source rep saying he wanted to cancel and that they messed up some how by not closing his account down. My manager said we could do nothing even though it was our fault. I pleaded for the customer because he was out almost $300.00 because of us they still said we can't refund him his money. This was the straw that broke the camels back it happened all the time we made a mistake and the customers have to pay for it. I quit within the week.

lame people and no room to advance

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Intelius

Pros

- Very low stress level, typical 9 - 5 office hours. Rarely need to work overtime.
    - Easy to survive, too many slackers around this company, some so-called engineers and dev managers don't even know the basics. Which means no matter you are a fresh grad or entry level engineer, you will find yourself better than a lot of people here.

Cons

- Salary and benefit are way below industry standard
    - No room to grow, never haven't anyone get prompted during my time. However, they prompted a bunch of people because most talented hard workers left in the past few months.
    - Expect to work with some noobs, this company still has some smart, hard working people, but you can count them with one hand. If you are unfortunate enough to work with one of the dev manager who only knows cowboy coding, good luck.
    - Work with very legacy, hard to maintain code, while not being allowed to change anything as they are your manager's babies.
    - Bad reputation, virtually no one knows Intelius and it has pretty bad reputation in Wall Street. IPO is simply a joke.

Keep the good guys and get rid of the "older, wiser" boys.

There are newer employer reviews for Intelius