Intellectual Ventures

www.intellectualventures.com
  www.intellectualventures.com
There are newer employer reviews for Intellectual Ventures

Maturing can be trying, but also rewarding!

Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Bellevue, WA
Current Employee - IT Support Technician in Bellevue, WA

I have been working at Intellectual Ventures full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Compensation and benefits are some of the best, with its change to PTO in 2014 is also a big plus. Work life balance is 100% better than previous companies I have worked for in the same role. There are some truly intelligent and innovative people in this Company. I have been around long enough to see this mid size company grapple with it's culture which was much like a startup and individualized start to morph into a much more cohesive and integrated company. Over the last four years with the hiring of Adriane Brown as COO it has proceeded on a steady path of change and maturing that has brought about personnel change of many of the Executive staff across all departments. Within the IT department we have had a complete swap of Managers and CTO which has greatly improved the maturity and experience of those leading. It is nice knowing when you come to work that you have the resources and support of management to affect change. I would suggest this company to a friend.

Cons

Organizational maturity has been slow and painful at times.
Personal accountability has not always been a focus.
Middle management in past have been slow to address inefficiencies and strive for improvement across teams and departments.

Continue to address the hard issues when they arise. Demand collaboration and respect from all employees and call out the ones that fail to strive for the same.

71 Other Employee Reviews for Intellectual Ventures (View Most Recent)

Senior Engineer

Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Senior Engineer in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Intellectual Ventures full-time (more than an year)

Pros

IV has some of the best talent and smartest people to work for. I had the ability to work on some of the best projects that allowed me to grow.

Cons

Sometimes it is difficult to get things done. There is a layer of middle management that doesn't get it. They sometime get in the way of the process.

Management needs to listen the employees.

IVI

Former Employee - Litigation Analyst in Bellevue, WA
    Former Employee - Litigation Analyst in Bellevue, WA

I worked at Intellectual Ventures as an intern (more than an year)

Pros

Unique Business model with cutting edge invention all things innovation and Patent venture capital

Cons

Dynamic and changing work loads

Look at investment in Africa