Solution Architect

Former Employee - Solution Architect in Parsippany, NJ
Former Employee - Solution Architect in Parsippany, NJ

I worked at Intelligroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Generally good company to work for. There is opportunity for growth, and the company generally prefers to promote from within, so I think that helps if you want to make a career there.

Cons

Sometimes work/life balance just gets thrown out the window, especially around crunch time. Then the expectations are just completely out line. That doesn't happen often, but I think mid-level managers could do a little better job of planning.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. The pay rate was ok. Once the Indian managers took-over operations, morale plummeted.

I worked at Intelligroup full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Pay was ok but we had the pay before being outsourced to that company. Intelligroup was forced to take the American workers onboard so the parent could refuse to pay retirements to those who were close to retiring. Apparently, finding a different but equivalent job for workers was written in the contract for that reason. When we were under U.S. citizen management, everything was great. Once foreign-born Indians began management, the site went downhill.

Cons

If you were not a part of the HOT technology group, the company ignored you. If they didn't understand the difficulty of your work they cut your manpower below minimums and assigned to higher level techs who had no idea what they were doing and caused more harm (work for us) than good (helping us and the customer out).

Advice to Management

Don't just concentrate on the sections who have the skillsets you understand. Customer service and broad knowledge is just as important as specialization in some cases. Reconsider your policy of promoting technical savvy people through management and the chain of command. At certain levels, you need people skills to handle internal and sometimes external issues. Though technically proficient, management lacks 'heart'.

2. Worked for subsidiary

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Intelligroup full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

People in subsidiary were good, but most left shortly after the acquisition

Cons

See above. Nearly all the talented consultants headed for the door a couple of years after the acquisition by Intelligrouo