Intelsat
www.intelsat.com Luxembourg, Luxembourg 1000 to 5000 Employees

Hot and cold. Still trying to escape the bureaucracy.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Washington, DC

ProsSome good people, overall great compensation and benefits. Good respect from industry and customers.

ConsVery siloed, and stuck in the 1970's bureaucracy. Missed a real opportunity with the PanAmSat acquisition to escape the Intelsat mindset, but many of the PanAmSat leaders have left leaving older bureaucrats to do the work. Fortunately the industry is not very innovative so it's not a big problem. But they're missing so many opportunities to really excel.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet some senior-level youth in the company and listen to them. Innovate. Promoting and awarding the same people year after year gets very old.

This is the (Best-Worse) Job I have ever had.

Field Service (Current Employee)
    Hagerstown, MD

I have been working at Intelsat full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Interesting customers from around the world to work with. You get to work with some of the… Cons: Pay is average. The entire promotion and raise process is appalling and is only getting worse now that we are a publicly… Advice to Senior Management: Intelsat was formed by a conglomerate of countries with some of the best and brightest people from around the world. This company used to be… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

interesting

I have been working at Intelsat

Pros: The company is extremely social and people talk to each other… Cons: The tech is slightly outdated and pretty conservative about supplies.The… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Intelsat.

Worked for Intelsat? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intelsat reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intelsat CEO Dave McGlade. All reviews posted anonymously by Intelsat employees.