Inter-American Development Bank
www.iadb.org Washington, DC 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work on the whole

Specialist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Inter-American Development Bank

ProsWhat I love about the IDB is that the work is intellectually interesting and I really feel that I am making a difference in the region. Its an exciting place to work, with people from all over the world.

ConsThe biggest downside is the bureaucracy, which is draining and often takes away time from meaningful work. Other issues include upper management that does not communicate well and paralyzing disfunctionalities associated with a matrix system. Also decisions regarding how people are organized are often made on a political rather than technical basis, which undermine the ability of staff to be effective.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees and communicate decisions early on to avoid fueling rumors and panic. Stop restructuring and let us work!

Excellent

I have been working at Inter-American Development Bank

Pros: International Background Professional Growth Horizon Job Stability. Benefits. Cons: Nepotism. Inner Circles. Narrow Recruitment Criteria. Governmental Atmosphere... Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great name, good salary, tough to get in, office politics high

Operations Associate (Current Employee)

I have been working at Inter-American Development Bank

Pros: Great name that opens doors Very rewarding and Interesting work Great benefits… Cons: Large egos Office Politics extreme Career Path could be unclear Communication from upper… Advice to Senior Management: Decisions need to be more transparent. More

There are newer reviews on Inter-American Development Bank.

Worked for Inter-American Development Bank? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Inter-American Development Bank reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Inter-American Development Bank CEO Luis Alberto Moreno. All reviews posted anonymously by Inter-American Development Bank employees.