InterContinental Hotels Group

Somewhat satisfied

Current Employee - Employee in Richfield, OH
Current Employee - Employee in Richfield, OH

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group

Pros

Flexible schedule, somewhat friendly atmosphere and our co-workers are great and try there best under the owners who need to get some professional managment help.

Cons

Minimal pay no benefits, no paid vacation but you can take one, the owners are forigners so there is a big culture difference. They try to run everything on there own instead of bringing in the proper help to support them. They do everything on the cheap instead of getting the job done in a timley manner.
The owners wife and family members breathe down your back like a dragon.

Get some proper management help instead of trying to juggle every thing yourself it really messes up the whole process of running your 3 hotels.

449 Other Employee Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group (View Most Recent)

A second place to call home!

Current Employee - Food Service Supervisor in Baltimore, MD
    Current Employee - Food Service Supervisor in Baltimore, MD

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group

Pros

Co-workers were great people to work with! We worked soo many extra long hours together, that we didn't have much other choice then to become a family. Beautiful environment and to work with a chance to meet many A List stars.

Cons

Payscale, PTO, secruity checked personals everytime you walked in and out of the door for work because upper management did not trust the workers!

Have more faith in the staff and choose your battles more wisely! Do not write a person up for taking a Harbour Court pen outside of the building as you have many people. Do not eat so many gourmet meals in front of the hardworking staff and supply uniforms with fabric that breathes. The people work long hours in uniforms that keep your body temperature at 100 degrees. Treat others as you want to be treated. Pay more then $12.50 an hour to your supervisors.

Home Away From Home

Current Employee - Director of Sales in Fayetteville, AR
    Current Employee - Director of Sales in Fayetteville, AR

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group

Pros

The company offers excellent training opportunities, outstanding benefits, and rewards hard work. IHG is a fair employer. You get out what you put in. Always understanding of the work/life balance and though it is a large company, it is like an extended family.

Cons

As with many large companies, the wheels turn slowly. That is to be expected. Decision making in an organization this size is not to be taken lightly. It effects so many people.

Keep doing what you're doing. We have a great thing going and I for one am proud to be a part of the team!

There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group