InterContinental Hotels Group

I've thoroughly enjoyed working for this company since I was 18 years old

Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Rockland, MA
Current Employee - Front Office Manager in Rockland, MA

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group

Pros

World-wide employee discounts at hotels, excellent training seminars, great opportunities for advancement, a company that really seems to care about its employees.

Cons

As a salaried employee in the hospitality field, there is no such thing as a 40-hour work week. Advancement opportunities may take a while.

510 Other Employee Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group (View Most Recent)

Loved it for a long time but changed departments and now miserable

Current Employee - Back of the House - Management in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Back of the House - Management in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group

Pros

People are friendly, generally great team spirit. Some members of the Executive team are inspiring. Others are irratic. Good community outreach/involvement

Cons

Micromanagement of competent employees while they look the other way with lousy employees. Massive abuse of time off and calling out sick (well beyond amount of time that is offered in benefits package) with no consequences. Then the work falls on the shoulders of people who actually show up on time, when they are scheduled. Worked at the new hotel and then the Mark and it's much nicer work environment at the older property.

Crack down on abuse of time off by employees who have no PTO or Vacation days. It's rampant and although it saves the dept money in the form of unpaid days off, you're killing those of us who actually only take time that's in our PTO or vacation bank.

Somewhat satisfied

Current Employee - Employee in Richfield, OH
    Current Employee - Employee in Richfield, OH

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group

Pros

Flexible schedule, somewhat friendly atmosphere and our co-workers are great and try there best under the owners who need to get some professional managment help.

Cons

Minimal pay no benefits, no paid vacation but you can take one, the owners are forigners so there is a big culture difference. They try to run everything on there own instead of bringing in the proper help to support them. They do everything on the cheap instead of getting the job done in a timley manner.
    The owners wife and family members breathe down your back like a dragon.

Get some proper management help instead of trying to juggle every thing yourself it really messes up the whole process of running your 3 hotels.

There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group