There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

Accounting Clerk

Current Employee - Accounting Clerk  in  Orlando, FL
Current Employee - Accounting Clerk in Orlando, FL

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time for less than a year

Pros

The best thing about this job for me an Accounting student is that I am the only other accountant in the department, besides my Controller. I have learned a lot and am hopeful to learn much more.

Cons

There really isn't much to complain about, I guess I could be making more, but until I make 50,000+ a year, I will always want more money.

425 Other Employee Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group (View Most Recent)

IHG has been presented me with an exciting and challenging place to work.

Current Employee - Systems Architect  in  Atlanta, GA
    Current Employee - Systems Architect in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group

Pros

The product is top notch and therefore easy to be proud of. The company treats everyone involved as valuable assets and encourages a health work/home balance.

Cons

Due to some of the recent challenges in Global IT, IHG can be stressful at times. The best workers for IHG are those that thrive on these types of challenging environments.

Invest more in streamlining and automating IT functions. Many of the challenges we are facing today in Global IT stem from a fragmented and ad hoc approach to infrastructure management.

Franchise is not the way to go

Current Employee - Housekeeping Manager  in  Waco, TX
    Current Employee - Housekeeping Manager in Waco, TX

Pros

Nice chain other than crown plaza

Cons

Franchise I am sure is VERY different from corp. owned. The one I work for is not very organized, and wants to work people 24/7 as if they have no lives. No balance. They get upset if you don't come in on your off days!

Needs to be more proper training and continuous training with franchise properties. I am sure corp. properties have a good handle on this.

There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

Worked for InterContinental Hotels Group? Contribute to the Community!