There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

Upper level management team (GM etc) need training to set examples to follow by regular employees.

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Miami, FL
Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Miami, FL

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

The people regular employees that work there are amazing, the benefits.

Cons

Values and training about it are not apply it is just a waste of time.

Get more involve with your HR department because their lack of professionalism and the way that they use personal judgment to handle any situation make employees do not trust in the company values.

reviews filtered by

Misleading job terms, sweatshop conditions, sewing circle culture, do not want

Former Employee - IT Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group (less than a year)

Pros

If you can get into the right group/pod, it's probably a decent gig for a long-term contractor.

Cons

Unfortunately, I will never know, as I was put into a group with a bunch of bitter, miserable Java devs with Napoleonic complexes, among other crippling social deficiencies. Project lead was a backbiting gossip queen who did nothing but talk shiz about anyone and everyone as soon as they left the room. They also completely misrepresented my job duties, and when I objected, they booted me. Outside of the pod, you have Indians that glare at you in the hallways, as if you're the one invading THEIR country. Then there's the working conditions: they put multiple people in the same cube, and actually have some sitting out in the hallways. Someone forgot to tell management this is a first-world country, not Bangalore.

If you want people to conform to job requirements they weren't hired for, tell them this before they waste their time there.

Little opportunity for advancement

Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Blacksburg, VA
    Former Employee - Restaurant Manager in Blacksburg, VA

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Decent benefits. Tried to accommodate work/life balance. Senior management was always visible and interacted with staff. Tried to foster a family work environment

Cons

Below average pay, no enough opportunity to develop or advance in career. Management played favorites/hired friends and never issued discipline for their sub-par performance.

Learn to feedback to employees and provide opportunities for advancement/development

There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group