InterContinental Hotels Group

www.ihgplc.com
There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

Good company. Lots of opportunity.

Current Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL
Current Employee - Sales Director in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Lots of locations. Ability to grow.

Cons

To many people doing the same job.

490 Other Employee Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group (View Most Recent)

Misleading job terms, sweatshop conditions, sewing circle culture, do not want

Former Employee - IT Contractor in Atlanta, GA
    Former Employee - IT Contractor in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group (less than a year)

Pros

If you can get into the right group/pod, it's probably a decent gig for a long-term contractor.

Cons

Unfortunately, I will never know, as I was put into a group with a bunch of bitter, miserable Java devs with Napoleonic complexes, among other crippling social deficiencies. Project lead was a backbiting gossip queen who did nothing but talk shiz about anyone and everyone as soon as they left the room. They also completely misrepresented my job duties, and when I objected, they booted me. Outside of the pod, you have Indians that glare at you in the hallways, as if you're the one invading THEIR country. Then there's the working conditions: they put multiple people in the same cube, and actually have some sitting out in the hallways. Someone forgot to tell management this is a first-world country, not Bangalore.

If you want people to conform to job requirements they weren't hired for, tell them this before they waste their time there.

Upper level management team (GM etc) need training to set examples to follow by regular employees.

Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Restaurant Manager in Miami, FL

Pros

The people regular employees that work there are amazing, the benefits.

Cons

Values and training about it are not apply it is just a waste of time.

Get more involve with your HR department because their lack of professionalism and the way that they use personal judgment to handle any situation make employees do not trust in the company values.

There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group