There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

Holiday Inn is a great place to wrok.

Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Atlanta, GA
Former Employee - Front Office Manager in Atlanta, GA

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Team environment where everyone looks out for each other. Great Benefits and incentives. I love the different train programs that were provided because they encouraged and educated us on all aspects of guest service. My managers were hands on and they were very focused in everything that they did all the time.

Cons

Slow promotion especially if someone else had been a position of power for a long time. Management seemed at times distracted by making their numbers. Supplies were very limited.

Don't make excuses for problem employees remove them at once. Don't play favorites.

433 Other Employee Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group (View Most Recent)

Great place for fresh grads to start!

Former Employee - Reservation Agent
    Former Employee - Reservation Agent

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Competitive salary, friendly bosses, great environment, room for advancement. I had fun working here as my first out of college job. It was easy and the pay was good. There were so many positions you could advance to within the company if you wanted.

Cons

Irate customers, and night shift. Dealing with customer service really is difficult, not the fault of the company though. If you are pursuing a job of reservations agent, just be aware that even though people are calling you to book rooms, they will definitely be upset when they get someone on the line after waiting for 30 mins! Sadly, heard the management has changed a few years back so environment is not as awesome as it used to be...

One of my best job experiences to date!

Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ
    Former Employee - Front Desk Associate in Cherry Hill, NJ

I worked at InterContinental Hotels Group part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Employees and management treat you well depending upon your department.
    They grow to become like apart of your family.
    I learned a tremendous amount in the short time I was there.
    I grew to learn their systems like the back of my hand because my management took the time out to teach me without hesitation or complaint.

Cons

Depending on the department you work in, I have seen certain mangers acting like they are better than all of their employees that are under them. However, not in every department.

There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group