InterContinental Hotels Group

There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group

Great Culture

Current Employee - Commercial Team in Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Commercial Team in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

I don't think the culture at IHG can be beat. It is a great environment, and the company genuinely cares about its employees. Compensation and benefits are excellent and I believe exceed the competition in the salary portion, and close to equal in benefits.

Cons

There can certainly be the office politics, but this is found in any company. Different groups have a bit more "pep and enthusiasm" while certain teams couldn't be bothered to try collaborate. Can be matrixed and difficult to work across teams, but the overall culture just makes you want to try harder and get it done. The company can be extremely conservative at times, and overly cautious.

Don't be afraid to take some risks and put the brands out there. Without big risk you won't find the big reward you are looking for.

454 Other Employee Reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group (View Most Recent)

Global Network Team..!!! NO WAY.!!!!

Current Employee - Network Engineer in Alpharetta, GA
    Current Employee - Network Engineer in Alpharetta, GA

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group as a contractor (less than an year)

Pros

Alpharetta Data Center....
    Nothing to say Positive, but there is bunch bureaucrats playing worst game i ever see in my life.

Cons

Big guy of GNE team think he is the Guy everybody should surrender.. and commanding to everybody even to the Security Guy at front door. Meetings are very interesting with this guy because he is not let anybody to talk only he talks... if you met this guy at hall way you have to answer following questions..
    "what are you working on"
    "where are you going"
    "your wife is OK"
    "your home is OK"
    is that matter to any manager/director how my wife is doing or whats going on my home.?
    Its extremely unprofessional and annoying to anybody even listen. They will ask you to work over night and week ends but when you report your time will ask you to reduce to standard 40 hours.
    Unprofessional and unfair treatment is common in IHG Alpharetta Data Center, same time there is few racist if you survive some how you will be victim of racism some day. Before accept job at Alpharetta Data Center please please think twice.. They are going to Shutdown Data Center entirely in 2014 and co-locate the Infrastructure.

Empower Employees... Not Directors, put correct flow of report mechanism and fire Directors and Hire Managers who can treat and be treated as a human being.

Conglomerate mess

Current Employee - Night Auditor in Cheektowaga, NY
    Current Employee - Night Auditor in Cheektowaga, NY

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels Group part-time (more than an year)

Pros

Hours don't interfere with the rest of my life.

Cons

This privately owned business does the bare minimum to meet critical standards.

Listen to your workers. Especially those who have been educated and are offering sound advice to help make the business more efficient and more equitable to its employees.

There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels Group