InterContinental Hotels
www.ihgplc.com Denham, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Whirlwind job of a growing and strengthening brand.

Americas Human Resources Trainer (Current Employee)
Atlanta, GA

ProsBenefits, Education, The ability to reach out to Senior Leaders, Wide Brands available, Travel support, Autonomy in daily decision making, easy process for reconciling corporate credit card.

ConsExtensive travel, little to no down time during certain parts of the year, at times there are very high expectations on the job, It is often hard to keep up with the new trends in the industry and incorporate it into our training opportunities.

Advice to Senior ManagementContinue to be open and transparent with employees. Look for opportunities to involve those you lead in the day to day business and in the up and coming business.

Be ready to face crappy work, no direction, no guidance, mentoring, tons of politics.

Highly Technical (Former Employee)

I worked at InterContinental Hotels

Pros: Have LOTS of money to waste. Very generous to employees (even if they suck). Good… Cons: Everything else. I haven't been able to figure out 1 thing they are strong in. Listing a few. NO leadership. Almost zero technical expertise in the leadership.… Advice to Senior Management: Change the culture if you want to turn this company around. Start with cleansing the technical leadership. Bring in strong technical leaders with passion, innovation,… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Great place to work as an employee! Not as good as a contractor.

Business Analyst (Current Employee)

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels

Pros: New and exciting technology in use, new challenges to… Cons: There is a high level of contractors that come and go on the… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on InterContinental Hotels.

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InterContinental Hotels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InterContinental Hotels CEO Richard Solomons. All reviews posted anonymously by InterContinental Hotels employees.