InterContinental Hotels
www.ihgplc.com Denham, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

Resort for guests and employees

Food and Beverage Employee (Current Employee)
Wrightsville Beach, NC

ProsFANTASTIC group of people to work with and for

Consschedule is never out on time, and often has errors on it, especially with those performing multiple duties on site (bartenders AND servers, for example)

Advice to Senior ManagementFood and Beverage. more stucture (or enforcement, rather) needs to be in place for HR metrics and emplyee behavior and compliance. Many times, things put in place are counterproductive. Using a Lean systems approach may help.. not to mention, better schedule forcasting...

Employees don't need to be happy, they're getting paid

Management (Current Employee)

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Great support from IHG Corporate to help employees, managers, and hotels grow and prosper as guests, the market, and the economy changes. Most mid-level… Cons: Management schedule is very difficult to work around a personal life. With little to no flexibility, and mandatory shift coverage it is like being… Advice to Senior Management: Listen to your employees. Create an environment for your employees that is warm and caring. You want your employees to enjoy the place… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work for.

Night Auditor (Former Employee)
    Douglasville, GA

I worked at InterContinental Hotels part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Advancement opportunities with IHG are good. They provide excellent training… Cons: Franchisees sometimes hold employees back. They don't always make employees… Advice to Senior Management: Keep employees aware of corporate opportunities Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on InterContinental Hotels.

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InterContinental Hotels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InterContinental Hotels CEO Richard Solomons. All reviews posted anonymously by InterContinental Hotels employees.