InterContinental Hotels

www.ihgplc.com

Brand Service Consultant

Current Employee - Brand Service Consultant  in  Atlanta, GA
Current Employee - Brand Service Consultant in Atlanta, GA

Pros

Excellent career where leaders provide room to grow. We are field based and have the opportunity to truly create a work-life balance.

Cons

Technology is always and issue. IHG makes so much revenue but our technology is so outdated. It impacts my productivity and also makes us look very unprofessional when sitting with hotel clients.

Upgrade all technology, programs, and software to make us more effective in the work we deliver with our hotel clients.

Other reviews for InterContinental Hotels

Employees don't need to be happy, they're getting paid

Current Employee - Management
    Current Employee - Management

Pros

Great support from IHG Corporate to help employees, managers, and hotels grow and prosper as guests, the market, and the economy changes. Most mid-level managers are true team players and want each other to succeed. While all owned by the same company, each hotel has their own management team and is allowed to be run with a little a little freedom.

Cons

Management schedule is very difficult to work around a personal life. With little to no flexibility, and mandatory shift coverage it is like being an hourly all over again but at a salaried pay grade. While IHG and mid-level managers want to see the hotels flourish and grow, upper management and ownership refuse to let that happen. They are firm believers that employees don't need to be happy, they are getting paid, and that should be enough. The company offers little growth and would rather hold you back, demote, or terminate you than see you succeed. Employee feedback is often asked for but never acted on or explained as to why suggestions aren't looked into. The facilities team does a phenomenal job of maintaining the properties considering the tools they are given; however, those tools are extremely limited and most often not enough to keep the place looking good.

Listen to your employees. Create an environment for your employees that is warm and caring. You want your employees to enjoy the place they work in, not despise it. Happy employees mean happy guests which means more money ultimately leading to ownership satisfaction. Get your act together sooner than later, or risk losing your brand's flag.

Decent company to work for. Nothing special above other brands.

Former Employee - Food and Beverage Manager  in  Milwaukee, WI
    Former Employee - Food and Beverage Manager in Milwaukee, WI

Pros

Fringe benefits with IHG are spectacular. Being a very worldwide brand, there are IHG brand hotels all over the world.

Cons

Ambassadors think they are above the law in every sense of the word. I understand that most "rewards program" members are like that, however IHG members take it to an all new high.

There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels.

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!