InterContinental Hotels

www.ihgplc.com

Employees don't need to be happy, they're getting paid

Management (Current Employee)

ProsGreat support from IHG Corporate to help employees, managers, and hotels grow and prosper as guests, the market, and the economy changes. Most mid-level managers are true team players and want each other to succeed. While all owned by the same company, each hotel has their own management team and is allowed to be run with a little a little freedom.

ConsManagement schedule is very difficult to work around a personal life. With little to no flexibility, and mandatory shift coverage it is like being an hourly all over again but at a salaried pay grade. While IHG and mid-level managers want to see the hotels flourish and grow, upper management and ownership refuse to let that happen. They are firm believers that employees don't need to be happy, they are getting paid, and that should be enough. The company offers little growth and would rather hold you back, demote, or terminate you than see you succeed. Employee feedback is often asked for but never acted on or explained as to why suggestions aren't looked into. The facilities team does a phenomenal job of maintaining the properties considering the tools they are given; however, those tools are extremely limited and most often not enough to keep the place looking good.

Advice to Senior ManagementListen to your employees. Create an environment for your employees that is warm and caring. You want your employees to enjoy the place they work in, not despise it. Happy employees mean happy guests which means more money ultimately leading to ownership satisfaction. Get your act together sooner than later, or risk losing your brand's flag.

As a seasonal bartender I was still treated like a regular employee

Bartender (Former Employee) Boston, MA

I worked at InterContinental Hotels as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: They pay is great, your colleagues are great, there is a… Cons: Service industry hours are tough, scheduling was always a problem… Advice to Senior Management: Make the mid-level management positions more appealing so that you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company

Portfolio Revenue Manager (Current Employee) Atlanta, GA

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels full-time for less than a year

Pros: Work from home, great pay, company is very focused on… Cons: Not very challenging, monotonous, and not much potential for growth… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on InterContinental Hotels.

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!