Smooth sailing as an IHG a reservation Agent

Current Employee - Resevations Agent  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Resevations Agent in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels

Pros

Flexible schedule, Travel discounts, Family oriented, School reimbursment, Great coworkers. Personal (sick) time is available anytime after 90th day.

Cons

Newhires must earn deisred their schedule, AWOP (absent with out pay) option is highly addictive when slow booking season approaches.

Employee promotions should be constructed more fairly. Spend more $ on employees than upgrading/updating offices. Airline/Hotel discounts should be shared.

Other Reviews for InterContinental Hotels

F&B dept

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I worked at InterContinental Hotels

Pros

I would have to say that the only pros are the ease of access by metro and the employee prices at other chain hotels.

Cons

Middle management has absolutely no voice, might as well not be there. Hotel manager is impossible to please, and has no sense of encouragement.

A pat on the back goes so far in inspiring pride and confidence... having had an impossibly demeaning career does not need to affect those who are now your staff..

What you put in is what you get out

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels

Pros

Like all jobs, you have to take control of your environment and point it in the direction you want to go. Everyone takes advantage of you if you let them. My experience has been great.

Cons

You have to work by the rules. I have never seen such a high staff turnover anywhere - this is not a place to mistakes. Current senior manager is most likely to blame.

Take note of what is going on in your properties and the rating your employees are giving your management in surveys.

There are newer employer reviews for InterContinental Hotels.

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!