InterContinental Hotels
www.ihgplc.com Denham, United Kingdom 5000+ Employees

The Holiday Inn Express is great place to learn.

Night Auditor (Current Employee)
Kannapolis, NC

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels

ProsWhen learning a new trade, it is often difficult to adjust to new settings. However, the general manager may have a great idea going with hiring interns instead of applicants. Giving the interns the time shadowing their future employers for such an extensive period.

ConsWhen working the audit, it can be odd at times, especially when guests are complaining over minuet details, or even the bigger things. Also, the quietness can get to you at times, leading to a slight uneasiness.

Advice to Senior ManagementJust to be more understanding of the employees in all aspects.

Great but beware of management

Bellman (Former Employee)
Milwaukee, WI

I worked at InterContinental Hotels

Pros: Great tips, interaction with celebrities, flexibility in work Cons: Management, hours, poor leadership, no room for advancement Advice to Senior Management: Hire new managers who have experience in the hospitality industry Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

The Hell's hotel

Guest Service Agent (Current Employee)
Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at InterContinental Hotels

Pros: Place where you can learn a lot about sales and… Cons: Exploitation: AS A GUEST SERVICE AGENT I had to make laundry that means wash dry and fold all blanquets and towels, sometimes there was a… Advice to Senior Management: Hire someone to take care of the laundry. Don't be cheap. For a few… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on InterContinental Hotels.

Worked for InterContinental Hotels? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at InterContinental Hotels reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for InterContinental Hotels CEO Richard Solomons. All reviews posted anonymously by InterContinental Hotels employees.