There are newer employer reviews for InterDigital

InterDigital is a place that can be both a wonderful and frustrating place to work.

Current Employee - Manager Equivalent
Current Employee - Manager Equivalent

I have been working at InterDigital

Pros

Very intelligent workforce; excellent salaries, benefits, bonuses; many avenues for learning - rotations in departments, training programs, and some really good people who are willing to teach you things and share their ideas. We can challenge ideas freely. While there's always a lot of change going on, it's a great company and our CEO is really approachable and totally gets it. There is a friendly, family-like atmosphere, very casual. It's easy to look forward to going to work.

Cons

We could update some of our internal technologies and maybe run certain areas more efficiently but the company is always looking at ways to improve so I have no complaints!

It seems like the board of directors has always been too conservative to give good advice to a tech company so I would say to try and get more tech savvy and younger members on the board. They should be more willing to take risks on future technologies. We are extremely smart engineers and management has good ideas. I always have gotten the impression that the board blocks a lot of the more risky and interesting ideas.

30 Other Employee Reviews for InterDigital (View Most Recent)

Good pay for very senior level engineers and managers, poor pay to junior engineers

I have been working at InterDigital

Pros

Good pay for very senior level engineers and managers

Cons

poor pay to junior engineers

review

Former Employee - Senior Staff Engineer
    Former Employee - Senior Staff Engineer

I worked at InterDigital

Pros

Most co-workers are great; a few are dead weight.
    Reasonable pay
    Flexible working arrangements (although this is getting more restrictive now)
    First-level management mostly cares about their people (that's changing too)

Cons

Poor work-life balance (company doesn't care if it works you to death)
    Upper management has no regard or respect from employees
    Typical political correctness from HR, but it's all a smoke-screen to hide lack of employee regard
    Poor employee morale due to management practices
    Declining level of benefits, at ever higher prices
    Company is not an innovator; just follows the market and focus is on low price, not quality

Realize that the company's success is due to the hard work and creativity of your employees, NOT your tired and worn-out strategies and me-too policies. If you want the company to turn around, stop focusing solely on costs and start treating your people like the professionals they are; support them and encourage innovation and create an environment where the morale can improve

There are newer employer reviews for InterDigital