InterImage

There are newer employer reviews for InterImage

Unprofessional Proposal Processes; No industry best practices

Former Employee - Senior Proposal Manager in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Senior Proposal Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at InterImage full-time (less than a year)

Pros

A fully stocked kitchen with healthy foods, frozen and fresh, drinks.
Great people

Cons

No true proposal process. A cut and paste shop.
CEO is irrational, paranoid about security, and stuck in her ways, which are anything but industry best practices.

Get an experienced Corporate Operations Manager. Keep the CEO focused on partnerships, learning the Federal contracting environment, and on the road. Let professionals manage and perform the proposal process with Industry Best Practices.

7 Other Employee Reviews for InterImage (View Most Recent)

Good small company

Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at InterImage full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

It's a very small company with great people. As others have mentioned, there is a fully stocked kitchen which is a very nice perk. When I tell people that they are blown away. I've worked with and met so many great people here. If they like you and your work, they will keep you on the bench until another opportunity comes along. Most large companies don't do that, much less one that is this small. Flex hours and very laid back atmosphere. Benefits are very good. We receive holiday bonuses, and when the company is doing well, the employees see the benefits.

Cons

Good projects are few and hard to come by. When working on projects, there tends to be lack of process, and the environment is very "reactionary".

Communicate better with your employees. We'd like to know status of proposals, upcoming bids, and more about new hires. I think the lack of direct communication leads to a stressful environment for those who are unsure of what they will be working on next.

Company Had Potential

Current Employee - Systems Architect
    Current Employee - Systems Architect

I have been working at InterImage full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Small Company with good benefits and well stocked kitchen. Very good potential. In general friendly people.

Cons

Poor execution of industry best practices. Company had very senior technical talent but continued to rely upon very inexperience people to make decisions. The person running one project had absolutely no real programing skills and was making deceptions about the architecture. The company relies upon the women / minority owned business door opening to get business but could not keep it because of the poor execution. Seriously, there was no real experience. The five best people in the engineering side were let go because the idiot running the project had no technical skills. They had a person that struggled with SQL and no real J2EE experience making decisions on delivery. Ultimately, the lack of skills led to many performance issues. Having the skills and constantly begging / arguing with this person got me a poor attitude let go. The skill I had obtained with vendor tools got me five contracts of which I am now one of their leaders in the industry. Yet, at this little company they could not understand the technical abilities..

Get strong technical people in the top! When worked there the very technical people were not listened to to the point they ended up getting cut for "attitude" which in reality the people having the attitude were the ones in charge. This company had so much potential but failed to utilize common sense in dealing with technical issues. They relied upon the vendors to solve all their problems. There were employees more than capable of solving the problems. Company had so much potential.

There are newer employer reviews for InterImage