Unprofessional Proposal Processes; No industry best practices

Former Employee - Senior Proposal Manager in Arlington, VA
Former Employee - Senior Proposal Manager in Arlington, VA

I worked at InterImage full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

A fully stocked kitchen with healthy foods, frozen and fresh, drinks. Great people

Cons

No true proposal process. A cut and paste shop. CEO is irrational, paranoid about security, and stuck in her ways, which are anything but industry best practices.

Advice to Management

Get an experienced Corporate Operations Manager. Keep the CEO focused on partnerships, learning the Federal contracting environment, and on the road. Let professionals manage and perform the proposal process with Industry Best Practices.

Other Employee Reviews for InterImage

1. Female-owned Government Contract Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Belvoir, VA

I have been working at InterImage full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company actually cares about their employees. The owner has an open-door policy. One of the hardest-working group of people I've ever worked with in my career. If you work hard your work ethic is recognized and valued by the company.

Cons

As a small company, it can be harder to find other roles within the company. As a government contractor, all positions are contractual if not within the company headquarters.

Advice to Management

Some people are harder to reach than others, but the only advice I'd give is to have a better line of communication with employees in direct supervision when a problem is imminent.

2. Good small company

Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA
    Current Employee - Analyst in Arlington, VA

I have been working at InterImage full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

It's a very small company with great people. As others have mentioned, there is a fully stocked kitchen which is a very nice perk. When I tell people that they are blown away. I've worked with and met so many great people here. If they like you and your work, they will keep you on the bench until another opportunity comes along. Most large companies don't do that, much less one that is this small. Flex hours and very laid back atmosphere. Benefits are very good. We receive holiday bonuses, and when the company is doing well, the employees see the benefits.

Cons

Good projects are few and hard to come by. When working on projects, there tends to be lack of process, and the environment is very "reactionary".

Advice to Management

Communicate better with your employees. We'd like to know status of proposals, upcoming bids, and more about new hires. I think the lack of direct communication leads to a stressful environment for those who are unsure of what they will be working on next.