Great Place to Work and Grow

Current Employee - Administration in Cambridge, MA
Current Employee - Administration in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at InterSystems full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been at InterSystems for almost a year and find the company to continually surprise me in their strong organizational and professional behavior. Our Human Resources team is always looking to improve employee benefits, from small things like organizing a flu shot clinic, to pioneering the first year of dental insurance. This is clearly a company that plans to be around for many years to come and wants their employees to also. Many employees have been here over 10 years.

Regardless of what department you're in, managers recognize that employees crave room for growth. The director of the Product Support group has put together an entire presentation for interviews showing all the different ways an entry level person can grow within that department. While not every manager goes to this length, opportunity is everywhere within the company if an employee is driven enough to look for it.

Another pro to working here is that the people are, simply put, nice. As a technically based company many people think of an introverted culture with socially awkward interactions. Since I was working within the Administration department that was what I was prepared for. However, overall, I've found that the company is staffed not only with smart, capable employees, but also mostly with pleasant people to be around. It makes coming to work that much more enjoyable.

Cons

The only negative aspects that come to mind are minimal, such as business casual dress rather than causal.

reviews filtered by

Professional company that will be around for many years to come

Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Technical Trainer in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at InterSystems full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Entrepreneurial culture where you can get noticed if you work hard; not a lot of obstacles to working: few meetings, permissions required, etc.
    Extremely bright employees and a CEO who does not compromise his standards of excellence related to products, employees, and most of all customers
    Beautiful offices
    Sane work hours
    Plenty of resources

Cons

Company has been around for over 30 years and some processes are resistant to change

Advice to Management

Robust career paths for some of the larger departments are needed to retain employees now that the company is of critical size.

Collaborative work environment that respects employees thoughts and ideas

Current Employee - Support Advisor in Cambridge, MA
    Current Employee - Support Advisor in Cambridge, MA

I have been working at InterSystems full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I believe in order to fully appreciate InterSystems and what the company has to offer, you need to have some job market knowledge of the Boston area and the software industry. Coming from a company that had zero work-life balance or appreciation for the work of their employees, InterSystems has proven to me that you can enjoy what you're doing on a daily basis. The company provides a challenging work environment, but also ensures that all employees are thoroughly trained and given the tools needed in order to perform well in their position. The management is accessible, and they have done well with implementing a mentor structure for those employees who are more junior. You receive recognition for the hard work you put in, and there is a clear path for promotion and growth.

Cons

None that I can currently think of.