Interactive Brokers
www.interactivebrokers.com Greenwich, CT 500 to 999 Employees

Mixed feelings

Programmer (Former Employee)
Greenwich, CT

I worked at Interactive Brokers full-time for more than a year

Pros- SOME employees are very smart, very good at what they do.
- Agree with other commenter that business is run in an ethical manner. ie. doing the right thing even if no one is looking.
- Still on the cutting edge in some areas.
- Minimal bureaucracy.

Cons- Current incentive structure (no incentivization of employees) guarantees that the smartest and most motivated will leave. This is why HFTs ate their lunch.
- Low pay relative to industry.
- No growth opportunities.
- Company is kept alive by H-1B slave labor.
- Some groups are wildly incompetent (eg. HR, Marketing) due to perceived irrelevance by mgmt and these should be fired en masse.
- Very anti-social office culture.

Advice to Senior ManagementGet a life? TP runs this as a hobby, and I can't imagine a more boring hobby. If you're not HUNGRY, or know how to hire/retain people that are, your failure is guaranteed.

Demanding but rewarding

Greenwich, CT

I have been working at Interactive Brokers

Pros: Very little red tape Lean department means lots of interesting work Chance… Cons: Too little time off Unbalanced salaries Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This company should qualify as #1 worst place to work for

Treasury Analyst (Former Employee)

I worked at Interactive Brokers

Pros: The only one that I can account of is the free lunch you are entitled to. But guess what, you are supposed to eat it… Cons: -disrespectful management - you will get yelled at for things such as the way you arrange your own desk, the shrift you use etc. You… Advice to Senior Management: First day on the job I was told " If you think this is a place where you can chat… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Interactive Brokers.

Worked for Interactive Brokers? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Interactive Brokers reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Interactive Brokers CEO Thomas Peterffy. All reviews posted anonymously by Interactive Brokers employees.