Interactive Intelligence

There are newer employer reviews for Interactive Intelligence

Great company, Smart people, Competitive benefits

Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Interactive Intelligence is the best place I've ever worked. I get to work with some of the most intelligent people I've ever met. The leadership team has great vision. The compensation and benefits are very competitive. I'm given the resources I need to do my job effectively.

Cons

Since the company has grown so quickly, many people have been promoted from within. Unfortunately, there are a few managers/directors that aren't suited for leadership positions. This is the exception to the rule.

Get employees involved earlier with decisions. This will help us feel like we have some ownership and aren't being mandated.

483 Other Employee Reviews for Interactive Intelligence (View Most Recent)

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Other Employees: Good people to work with. The other engineers are smart and good at what they do (although sometimes with a few engineers ego can get in the way). The managers I have worked with are all pretty awesome and took an interest in my goals and career development.

The Work: The work is interesting and challenging. If you grow bored with working on a certain product, there are other teams to look into switching to. Work schedule is flexible and everyone gets their own office, so you aren't stuck in a cubicle.

Benefits: Fitness center and health clinic on site Flexible work schedule, company parties during the work day, very relaxed dress code

Cons

Growing Pains: Some of the processes are starting to show more strain as the company grows. Some of the training needs work too, but I have seen changes being made there.

Benefits: I wish the company match on 401(k) was higher. Also, salaries don't compete as well with jobs outside the midwest (cost of living helps make up for it, but still seems to lag behind)

Raise the salaries a bit to attract the talent you are looking for. Indianapolis is a great city with a low cost of living, but people don't get a chance to see that if they see a salary that seems noncompetitive and don't bother looking in to the job.

As a new employee, I am very happy to be at a company that emphasizes keeping the customer and the employee happy.

Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Staff Accountant in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Growing, profitable public company
    Work hard, play hard atmosphere
    The people are friendly and helpful
    The building is one of the nicest office buildings I have ever been in.
    Free bagel Friday
    Always new challenging tasks to take on
    Great culture

Cons

I really don't see a downside to working at Interactive Intelligence. The only downside I guess for me was not coming from a software industry background as an accountant and not knowing a lot of the acronyms and terms.

Keep up the good work! I just went to the CIC Live Demo the other day as the final part of my orientation, but I've been here for a little over a month. It was very beneficial to me. I know it takes up the people's time who ran the session but I would have loved to learn about the history and the how the client works in the first or second day at Interactive.

There are newer employer reviews for Interactive Intelligence