Great company, Smart people, Competitive benefits

Current Employee - Systems Engineer  in  Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Systems Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time for more than a year

Pros

Interactive Intelligence is the best place I've ever worked. I get to work with some of the most intelligent people I've ever met. The leadership team has great vision. The compensation and benefits are very competitive. I'm given the resources I need to do my job effectively.

Cons

Since the company has grown so quickly, many people have been promoted from within. Unfortunately, there are a few managers/directors that aren't suited for leadership positions. This is the exception to the rule.

Get employees involved earlier with decisions. This will help us feel like we have some ownership and aren't being mandated.

Other Reviews for Interactive Intelligence

Awesome place to work

Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Associate Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time for more than a year

Pros

Other Employees: Good people to work with. The other engineers are smart and good at what they do (although sometimes with a few engineers ego can get in the way). The managers I have worked with are all pretty awesome and took an interest in my goals and career development.

The Work: The work is interesting and challenging. If you grow bored with working on a certain product, there are other teams to look into switching to. Work schedule is flexible and everyone gets their own office, so you aren't stuck in a cubicle.

Benefits: Fitness center and health clinic on site Flexible work schedule, company parties during the work day, very relaxed dress code

Cons

Growing Pains: Some of the processes are starting to show more strain as the company grows. Some of the training needs work too, but I have seen changes being made there.

Benefits: I wish the company match on 401(k) was higher. Also, salaries don't compete as well with jobs outside the midwest (cost of living helps make up for it, but still seems to lag behind)

Raise the salaries a bit to attract the talent you are looking for. Indianapolis is a great city with a low cost of living, but people don't get a chance to see that if they see a salary that seems noncompetitive and don't bother looking in to the job.

Fantastic company with great outlook

Current Employee - Software Engineer  in  Indianapolis, IN
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time for less than a year

Pros

Growing company with opportunities for mobility.

Cons

Development organization is somewhat old school in some of the development practices.

We need to release quicker and provide even greater value to our customers. Our development organization is talented but we lack the necessary processes in order to release quickly and drive sales even higher.

There are newer employer reviews for Interactive Intelligence.

Worked for Interactive Intelligence? Contribute to the Community!