There are newer employer reviews for Interactive Intelligence

Good company, don't expect to get rich

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Flexible work environment, great is most positions with work-life balance. Fun people. Great company sponsored events, like a pool party. Good health benefits.

Cons

You will be paid better elsewhere. I've heard several managers say something to the effect of "Start-ups have inflated salaries, and we won't pay people those rates." Getting feedback on your work can also be really hard unless you absolutely suck. Career advancement can be incredibly hard to achieve if you do exceptional work that is considered "vital". I've been trying to just shift to a new position for over a year now and still have no hope. Depending upon the part of the business you are in there may be extremely high stress levels.

Management really needs to work harder to help people actually advance in their career. If your employee tells you that they don't like what they are doing and indicates what they want to do actually listen and at least give advice to help them out.

Interactive Intelligence Response

Oct 7, 2014Manager, Talent Acquisition

I recommend that you reach out to your HR Partner to discuss advancement opportunities and/or your desire to shift to a new position. You can also apply to open positions that are currently posted ... More

419 Other Employee Reviews for Interactive Intelligence (View Most Recent)

Good place to work, overall.

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence

Pros

Interactive provides a good work/life balance. Employees are bright, hard working and the emphasis is on getting things done. Innovation is encouraged.

Cons

Goals seem to be changing frequently.

Inside Sales

Former Employee - Inside Sales in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Inside Sales in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Interactive Intelligence full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Great products and solutions in VoIP. We use our own solution so we believe in what were selling and utilize it at all times. Training was provided on an ongoing basis and is important to the company. Great team of people to work with in the field, partners and clients. Interesting and exceptional solutions that were cutting edge and research was always being put into to add or enhance solutions. I liked the flexibility of being able to work from home as needed
    as long as the work was done.

Exceptional benefits and great team environment

Cons

Salary should have been much higher not keeping up with technology companies in the area.

Good company with excellent solutions and products but needs to raise salaries to keep up with technology companies.

There are newer employer reviews for Interactive Intelligence