There are newer employer reviews for Interactive Intelligence

Good company, don't expect to get rich

Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Indianapolis, IN
Current Employee - Devops Engineer in Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work environment, great is most positions with work-life balance. Fun people. Great company sponsored events, like a pool party. Good health benefits.

Cons

You will be paid better elsewhere. I've heard several managers say something to the effect of "Start-ups have inflated salaries, and we won't pay people those rates." Getting feedback on your work can also be really hard unless you absolutely suck. Career advancement can be incredibly hard to achieve if you do exceptional work that is considered "vital". I've been trying to just shift to a new position for over a year now and still have no hope. Depending upon the part of the business you are in there may be extremely high stress levels.

Advice to Management

Management really needs to work harder to help people actually advance in their career. If your employee tells you that they don't like what they are doing and indicates what they want to do actually listen and at least give advice to help them out.

Interactive Intelligence Response

Oct 7, 2014 – Manager, Talent Acquisition

I recommend that you reach out to your HR Partner to discuss advancement opportunities and/or your desire to shift to a new position. You can also apply to open positions that are currently posted ... More

Other Employee Reviews for Interactive Intelligence

Say "No" to Tax

Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Indianapolis, IN
    Former Employee - Tax Analyst in Indianapolis, IN

I worked at Interactive Intelligence full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The company culture is awesome. Casual dress code is nice. The CEO is incredible. Decent pay. Good company outings. Onsite café is good and cheap.

Cons

The engineers and developers seem to have it made in the shade. The Finance department is definitely lacking. There have been so many growing pains that they haven't kept up with procedures and things that need to be in place. The tax department is the worst because of the manager. Employees are not working as a team anymore. Everyone is starting to keep to themselves and doing what is right for themselves only.

Advice to Management

Rattle the rage! Hold the right people accountable. Even though the atmosphere is relaxed, keep on people to do the right things.

Great company to work for

I have been working at Interactive Intelligence full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible hours, good benefits and good people make Interactive Intelligence a great place to work.

Cons

There is sometimes a lack of communication from management on where we're headed but honestly I think this has gotten better recently.