Interactive One

Overall Great

Current Employee - Online Editor  in  New York, NY
Current Employee - Online Editor in New York, NY

I have been working at Interactive One full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great people to work with. Overall great company but they are lacking innovation. Great place for a great start in an interactive career.

Cons

Lack of room for growth. Overall great company but they are lacking innovation. Great place for a great start in an interactive career. CEO is a snake. Everyone else is great.

N/A

8 Other Employee Reviews for Interactive One (View Most Recent)

ioNe

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

I worked at Interactive One full-time for more than a year

Pros

the employees of iOne are well comensated. We have the latest tools an resources..

Cons

The Sr. management team is top-heavy and not very receptive to the suggestions of their employees.

You've got the best team in the business. It would be a good idea, and go miles towards building respect and trust among your employees. That would certainly help to make a leader among your competitive set.

One of the worst tech companies to work at

Former Employee - Technology  in  New York, NY
    Former Employee - Technology in New York, NY

I worked at Interactive One full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

I was part of the original crew at Community Connect which was actually a pretty cool place to work at, when i started everything was really solid, there was alot of respect, and compensation was going up, we got bonuses, and there was a prospect of growth. We had pool tables, foosball tables, ping pong, and a very fun but hard-working culture. I felt respect and valued. This was of course only from the end of 2007 - 2009, BEFORE the company got acquired by Radio-One and became Interactive One.

Cons

As soon as the acquisition happened everyone started dropping like flies, we where promised by the president of Radio One that they wouldn't change our culture, but everything changed.... Bonuses where taken away, hours where increased, and workload was increased. The level of respect and value dropped tremendously as another reviewer noted the management is REALLY bad. Expensive thousand dollar decisions where made out of pride versus though out strategy. The IT Staff and most of the Systems staff was SEVERELY under-paid, even after asking repetitively for raises there was no way out other then leaving. This has to be the company that under-pays their technology staff the most. Upper management on the other hand kept getting huge raises and bonuses, specially the folks who where coming over from AOL where getting compensated alot more then the merged employees, and it was impossible to grow as they filled all upper positions. The infrastructure in the systems side and the IT side was horrible, outdated and tedious to maintain. The level of security was also abysmal, they are not serious about their product. If i had to give anyone advice, avoid this company at all costs, its not worth the time and definitively not the money, there are much better companies out there that will compensate you properly. Even if they do pay you what you want the management is still very disorganized and will create chaos. The CEO is also very self-centered and even has a HUGE office for himself to sort of set in his grandeur, zero humility. Also there is little interaction from the CEO to the rest of the company, unlike other companies I've worked at the highest upper management are like the Kings and Queens and everyone else feels like a serf, its a medieval form of management. If you are looking to grow this is the wrong place to go.

Be fairer to your employees, pay people MARKET RATE at least, and interact with everyone like humans, you hire us because you need us to use our professionalism, don't treat your employees like indentured servants.

There are newer employer reviews for Interactive One

Worked for Interactive One? Contribute to the Community!