There are newer employer reviews for Interbank FX

Fun technology, great experience, fun people

Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Interbank FX full-time (less than a year)

Pros

Interesting architecture and work.
GREAT experience in financial and stock market fields

Cons

Not huge opportunities for advancement
No clear path/guidance on what to work on next

reviews filtered by
  1. It was mostly a positive experience.

Former Employee - Financial Representative/Customer Service in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Interbank FX

Pros

The pay is good, the company just sold recently to Tradestation so this may be a good move for them, probaly more growth potential. At the time I was there the training was basically on your own but it may be more positive now. The company started small and had tremendous growth and also the turnover rate was strange. Alot of politics at this company. Customers were great but had questions we couldnt answer because we were left in the dark along with the customers.

Cons

Very political, managment played favorites. The office desks are set-up so your right next to your neighbor, they hear everything you say and vice versa. The mix of people was strange, you had very young inexperienced people doing management jobs. Very experienced people were not promoted just given more work to do. The whole place was one big secret, I never knew if what I told the customer was the exact truth because management didnt communicate with reps very well. It could also be growing pains? Overall it just seemed like one of the strangest places I ever worked at.

When new information about the company or market is released (good and bad) you need to communicate to the reps asap. (not just send an email) Sometimes the customers knew more than us. Don't hire people based on how they appear on the outside, find out what they know about the financial markets and what they can bring to the company. (what can you learn from them)

Find out why some reps do most of the work all day while others watch movies online all day.

It has gone down hill...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Interbank FX

Pros

My direct supervisor is great.

Cons

Interbank FX was once a great place to work but it has really gone down hill. The CEO doesn't give any direction and is not involved with the employees or the company. The IT department is a mess and no one seems responsible for ensuring the company is operating appropriately.

Act like you care about employees and the company. Have a vision and stick with it.

There are newer employer reviews for Interbank FX