Intercity Transit

intercitytransit.com

It is a satisfying and integral part of my daily life that I enjoy being a part of.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Olympia, WA

ProsThe employees at Intercity Transit are a tight knit group and many times I have heard persons in management, supervisor staff and operators refer to the employees as part of the Intercity Transit family. There is a very Dynamic open door policy with all upper level personnel responding to ideas and suggestions. Many of our employees have worked at IT for over twenty years and some have been there over thirty. With that much dedication to Intercity Transit, it must be a special place to work. It was voted #1 in the country for a reason...the employees working together as a team.

ConsFor an operator there is a high level of responsibility. The hours can be difficult and time with the family, in the early part of your career, can be limited because of schedule obligations.

Transit is an industry that is run by time and the employees of IT have definitive deadlines that cannot be manipulated. We answer to time and the public.

The public. They can be fickle and we have to be able to respond to all sorts and types of situations that can come up during anytime, any day. This includes management. Between working with the governmental bodies, cities, construction schedules and limitations, and other transit agencies it is sometimes difficult to have everything mesh as it should.

Advice to Senior ManagementThe leadership does an excellent job, they already receives feed back on a regular basis with a truly operational open door policy. One thing I would like to see is each department, one at a time, be given a day that is completely geared towards them. It would be the departments decision if they want a special lunch, small event, or something that is meant for them only. Their day, their pat on the back.

Great Job

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Intercity Transit full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Most of the people are wonderful Cons: Old fashioned ideas regarding people management Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

This is just my point of view.

Coach Operater (Current Employee) Olympia, WA

I have been working at Intercity Transit

Pros: It appears that management looks for ways to commend workers for satisfactory or better performance. If someone calls in about a worker with a possitive… Cons: The HR manager appears to try to keep an upper hand over workers in a way that seems secretive. Like he wants to remain under… Advice to Senior Management: I agree with the thinking of most senior management personnel and I have no feedback for them, but a very… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Intercity Transit.

Worked for Intercity Transit? Contribute to the Community!