Intercity Transit

www.intercitytransit.com

Great place to work.

Current Employee - Coach Operator
Current Employee - Coach Operator

Pros

Great people to work with..Fun job if you are a people person(99 percent are) fair wages,great Union support

Cons

Long hours,terrible driver seats(worn out from years and hours of butts)

drivers need to have a place to rest on long splits..a room with a relaxing atmosohere...like who uses the exercise room? We need rested driver not over tired..unsafe..let the drivers have a dress down day once a week..tasteful of course..you have great people representing this company why not reward them?

Other reviews for Intercity Transit

It is a satisfying and integral part of my daily life that I enjoy being a part of.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Olympia, WA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Olympia, WA

Pros

The employees at Intercity Transit are a tight knit group and many times I have heard persons in management, supervisor staff and operators refer to the employees as part of the Intercity Transit family. There is a very Dynamic open door policy with all upper level personnel responding to ideas and suggestions. Many of our employees have worked at IT for over twenty years and some have been there over thirty. With that much dedication to Intercity Transit, it must be a special place to work. It was voted #1 in the country for a reason...the employees working together as a team.

Cons

For an operator there is a high level of responsibility. The hours can be difficult and time with the family, in the early part of your career, can be limited because of schedule obligations.

Transit is an industry that is run by time and the employees of IT have definitive deadlines that cannot be manipulated. We answer to time and the public.

The public. They can be fickle and we have to be able to respond to all sorts and types of situations that can come up during anytime, any day. This includes management. Between working with the governmental bodies, cities, construction schedules and limitations, and other transit agencies it is sometimes difficult to have everything mesh as it should.

The leadership does an excellent job, they already receives feed back on a regular basis with a truly operational open door policy. One thing I would like to see is each department, one at a time, be given a day that is completely geared towards them. It would be the departments decision if they want a special lunch, small event, or something that is meant for them only. Their day, their pat on the back.

Great Job

Pros

Most of the people are wonderful

Cons

Old fashioned ideas regarding people management

There are newer employer reviews for Intercity Transit.

Worked for Intercity Transit? Contribute to the Community!