Interdesign

www.interdesignusa.com
  www.interdesignusa.com
There are newer employer reviews for Interdesign

Working with Interdesign; an interior design company

Former Employee - Client Liaison in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)
Former Employee - Client Liaison in Islamabad, Islamabad (Pakistan)

I worked at Interdesign part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Emerging area of focus in housing industry.

Cons

Working norms not defined as yet.

Raise working standards!

9 Other Employee Reviews for Interdesign (View Most Recent)

Growing company with a great atmosphere

Current Employee - Product Development in Solon, OH
    Current Employee - Product Development in Solon, OH

I have been working at Interdesign full-time (less than an year)

Pros

New things to learn and work on every day; the company's product is always evolving; you aren't stuck at your desk (unless you want to be); the people are friendly and welcoming; plenty of upwards mobility (company tries to hire from within rather than external sources); thorough job training; opportunities to travel; HR promoted events, activities, and discounts; free coffee; your department becomes your second family; great benefits; product discounts that you will definitely use.

Cons

Can be pretty stressful at times especially around new product launches; interdepartmental tension; a select few people who like to cause scenes; every department has at least one freeloader who dumps on the work horse; the company tends to lack concern at times for product quality; job openings tend to be offered to lower level employees first which results in larger turnovers and positions that are filled by employees who wouldn't necessarily be best qualified; company as a whole resents change as a result work toward positive change is slow; finally the company is growing so fast we are running out of room (parking issues, product storage issues, open cubes are dwindling... wait should this also be a pro?)

Expand the Solon facility, we need room; acknowledge hard workers over length of employment; base promotions off of skill set, additionally it would benefit the company to process existing employees with and as if they were an external candidate; Design needs a member in their team who is new, passionate about current trends and design, and outspoken, many times innovative ideas and concepts are swept under the rug by higher ups i.e. a design intern from a local college; finally HR use your resources... with all the great local colleges around there are tons of grads who would jump at a chance to work here, but there are very few young employees which shows that we are not using this untapped wealth of potential.

Don't take a job here unless you're desperate

Former Employee - Office Work, Prefer Not to Say in Solon, OH
    Former Employee - Office Work, Prefer Not to Say in Solon, OH

I worked at Interdesign full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good medical coverage, cool softlines products, company picnic/party

Cons

Bad attitude environment, no promotions, low pay, no vision coverage

I will start off by saying this company could be a great company. It is very design driven and has some fun, interesting products. Some of the people here are great and a lot of fun, but I've found the majority of people are back-stabbing and miserable.

Work-wise, there aren't too many slow days, work is usually consistently (this is office experience only, not warehouse). Working isn't too creative, it's very production based. The company had good health benefits. No eye insurance though. There are annual evaluations with bonuses (very small) and potential for raises. They do not promote internally. They are great for hiring in people way higher and giving BS promotions just to keep you quiet after years. Of course, the mean brown nosers are the promoted ones here.

Not everyone, but a lot of people are very hard to approach here. Many have a better than you attitude. Some are straight up mean and spiteful. Many are afraid to even approach the Graphics department because of the attitudes that come from some of the people in the department.

The turn-over rate of the place has to be terrible, I wish I had the numbers. They go through firing sprees, then a lot of people quit. Mainly because the work environment is so bad. If you're not working, there's a habit of people tattling about that. People keep track of your lunch times and what time you walk in the door just to report you.

The company does do some fun things, such as picnics, an annual Christmas party, free Turkey at Thanksgiving, and you get a lot of free product working here too. As for the product, some of it is great, some of it is cheap. I will say that 50% of what I have brought home has broken, but the softlines products are great.

Basically if you're desperate for a job, needs some money and experience, go for it. If you're looking to build a resume, a career, make more money, get promoted, build a portfolio, etc. I'd suggest keep looking. The toxic environment is not worth it, trust me.

There are newer employer reviews for Interdesign