Interline Brands
www.interlinebrands.com Jacksonville, FL 1000 to 5000 Employees

Relatively balanced good/bad experience

Manager, Corporate Office (Current Employee)
Jacksonville, FL

I have been working at Interline Brands full-time for more than 5 years

ProsThis company has a lot of great people working for it and the talent level is rising. With their relatively recent acquisition, the ship seems to be steering in a more orderly direction. The company has always had a culture that honors its employees commitment to their family and most managers make sure that their employees are taking off to attend to children's milestone events and enjoying a modicum of work/life balance.

ConsHistorically, upper management has been out of touch with actual operating realities. Having grown through acquisition without a workable integration plan means that most employees work for numerous companies (with each having their own unique quirks) so the workload of every task is multiplied many times over. IBI has also never placed a higher value on creating systems that are manageable and reliable. The priority is often to do something poorly as soon as possible rather than to do it well so that it is easier in the future. As a result, they have a mix of data systems that are each unreliable in their own way. Real-time, accurate data is not a reality at present, whether it's product data or inventory data. So even small tasks become extraordinarily error-prone and require lots of rework - total headache for so many employees.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen up a line of communication where your employees can tell you (anonymously) what it's like to do their job so that you can begin to understand the multitude of frustrations (and wasted man-hours) caused by your extremely poor data repositories. It will be worth the time and effort in the long-run to invest in state-of-the-art technologies and completely rewrite your product data, which is rife with inaccuracies - causing endless problems for so many people in the company every day. Also - be aware that almost all of your employees are taking home less pay year after year due to the cap in salary increases plus the increase in health-care costs. That is very hard on morale.

Terrible place

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)

I worked at Interline Brands full-time

Pros: Free covered parking. Can make your own hours. Nobody watches when you come and… Cons: Not a company that is committed to it's employees. Lower level… Advice to Senior Management: Take pay cuts and use it to pay down the… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Looks can be deceiving

Sales Representative (Former Employee)
Doraville, GA

I worked at Interline Brands full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: I was able to stay with the same company for… Cons: I was overworked, undervalued, disrespected and scapegoated. Advice to Senior Management: have supervisors and managers that are competent, open-minded and respectful… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Interline Brands.

Worked for Interline Brands? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Interline Brands reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Interline Brands CEO Michael J. Grebe. All reviews posted anonymously by Interline Brands employees.