Intermountain Healthcare

An Extraordinary Company to Work For

Orderly (Former Employee)
Murray, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

ProsIntermountain offers excellent benefits, and a great working environment. It has been satisfying to know that I work for one of the top health care organizations in the United States.

ConsIntermountain offers paid time off for full and part time employees, but you can expect to use it regularly. If you are working in patient care, you can expect to get sent home on low census.

Advice to Senior ManagementManagement is often made up of nursing staff. By itself, this is not a problem, but intermountain needs to invest in management training for their nurse managers. I have had some excellent nurse managers and some horrible ones.

Great place to work, top 5 in the nation

Licensed Practical Nurse (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: Good benefits and wonderful coworkers, diverse opportunities within the corporation. … Cons: Tendency for managers to micromanage, difficult to advance, there are limited availability of some jobs for… Advice to Senior Management: Don't micromanage, practice what you preach-treat all of your employees the same. If you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great experience!

Medical Assistant (Former Employee)
Holladay, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros: management and doctors were wonderful to work with. Everyone was… Cons: It would be nice if medical Assistants in general were… Advice to Senior Management: Loved my manager! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Intermountain Healthcare.

Worked for Intermountain Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intermountain Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intermountain Healthcare CEO Charles W. Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Intermountain Healthcare employees.