Politics, Nepotism, Low Pay and Zero Accountability in Upper Management

Current Employee - Finance/Accounting in Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Finance/Accounting in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

A safe job with little risk of termination

Cons

Little opportunity for growth and development. Plenty of managers in positions above their abilities. Nepotism and politics run rampant for the rare advancement opportunities that occur. No reward for extraordinary performance.

Advice to Management

Hold bad managers accountable. Reward employees who work hard and produce results. Quit advancing "Yes Men" who only tell you what you want to hear and never give new ideas or insight.

Other Employee Reviews for Intermountain Healthcare

1. This company cares about the patients and patient care is top priority.

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

As an employee we receive constant training and assistance with advancement. We are always encouraged to strive to do better, to be better. We work hard with regards to patient care and doing what we can to better patient care. The company strives to make patient care #1.

Cons

In my department in particular, I feel that there are blocks in communication. We are not updated as to what is happening, and left a lot of the time wondering what is happening and what will happen. I do not like being left out of the loop when it comes to my job.

Advice to Management

I really feel that there is a communication gap in our department. We are constantly told that something will happen or is going to happen and given a date, and the date is constantly postponed or it just does not happen. We are given the option to work up and advance and then when we reach the goals set to do that, it does not happen. It makes working hard and striving to do better feel somewhat unproductive.

2. Terrific Company with great benefits and good people

Current Employee - Grounds Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Grounds Supervisor in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great environment to work in; caring for people and making a difference in their lives. IHC really provides a positive work environment

Cons

Communication issues with upper management, and big Ego's to deal with

Advice to Management

Doing a great job, but would be nice for the lower guys on the totem pole to have a voice once in a while without being afraid of retaliation from their Directors