Intermountain Healthcare
www.intermountainhealthcare.org Salt Lake City, UT 5000+ Employees

Politics, Nepotism, Low Pay and Zero Accountability in Upper Management

Finance/Accounting (Current Employee)
Salt Lake City, UT

ProsA safe job with little risk of termination

ConsLittle opportunity for growth and development. Plenty of managers in positions above their abilities. Nepotism and politics run rampant for the rare advancement opportunities that occur. No reward for extraordinary performance.

Advice to Senior ManagementHold bad managers accountable. Reward employees who work hard and produce results. Quit advancing "Yes Men" who only tell you what you want to hear and never give new ideas or insight.

This company cares about the patients and patient care is top priority.

Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee)

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare part-time for more than 3 years

Pros: As an employee we receive constant training and assistance with advancement. We are always encouraged to strive to do better, to be better. We… Cons: In my department in particular, I feel that there are blocks in communication. We are not updated as to what is happening, and left a… Advice to Senior Management: I really feel that there is a communication gap in our department. We are constantly told that something will happen or is going to happen… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Easy place to work but low compensation, and difficult to move up in the company.

Patient Service Representative (Former Employee)

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Health benefits are good and compensates for the lower pay compared to other medical groups'… Cons: Takes a long time to grow within the company on the admin side of things.… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Intermountain Healthcare.

Worked for Intermountain Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intermountain Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intermountain Healthcare CEO Charles W. Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Intermountain Healthcare employees.