Intermountain Healthcare

www.intermountainhealthcare.org

Politics, Nepotism, Low Pay and Zero Accountability in Upper Management

Current Employee - Finance/Accounting  in  Salt Lake City, UT
Current Employee - Finance/Accounting in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

A safe job with little risk of termination

Cons

Little opportunity for growth and development. Plenty of managers in positions above their abilities. Nepotism and politics run rampant for the rare advancement opportunities that occur. No reward for extraordinary performance.

Hold bad managers accountable. Reward employees who work hard and produce results. Quit advancing "Yes Men" who only tell you what you want to hear and never give new ideas or insight.

Other reviews for Intermountain Healthcare

This company cares about the patients and patient care is top priority.

Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist  in  Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Medical Transcriptionist in Salt Lake City, UT

Pros

As an employee we receive constant training and assistance with advancement. We are always encouraged to strive to do better, to be better. We work hard with regards to patient care and doing what we can to better patient care. The company strives to make patient care #1.

Cons

In my department in particular, I feel that there are blocks in communication. We are not updated as to what is happening, and left a lot of the time wondering what is happening and what will happen. I do not like being left out of the loop when it comes to my job.

I really feel that there is a communication gap in our department. We are constantly told that something will happen or is going to happen and given a date, and the date is constantly postponed or it just does not happen. We are given the option to work up and advance and then when we reach the goals set to do that, it does not happen. It makes working hard and striving to do better feel somewhat unproductive.

Great company!

Former Employee - Supply Chain Business Systems Analyst  in  Midvale, UT
    Former Employee - Supply Chain Business Systems Analyst in Midvale, UT

Pros

The company is very equitable and the people they hire are top notch. Loved what I did and I knew what I did mattered to the overall mission of the organization.

Cons

The pay is sub par.

Pay people market wages.

There are newer employer reviews for Intermountain Healthcare.

Worked for Intermountain Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!