Intermountain Healthcare
www.intermountainhealthcare.org Salt Lake City, UT 5000+ Employees

I've worked for several healthcare corporations and this is the best by far

Clinical Area Manager (Current Employee)
Ogden, UT

ProsThe community atmosphere at IHC is very strong. You can rely on your co-workers to help you and the hospitals have a family unit type of feel because everyone it seems genuinely cares about everyone else. I would trust my family's care only to IHC. They go through extensive work to make decisions via solid data and evidence. The resources for decision based care are incredible.

ConsThere's no sitting back as an employee, you are required to constantly strive to give more. Sometimes that can be exhausting for the amount of pay we receive. They also tend to hire idiot consulting firms like Stockamp Huron. We have to put our hospital back together after they leave. No one seems to understand the frustration.

Advice to Senior ManagementKeep going despite what is happening in the country with healthcare. We rely on you. We are trying to keep it together also. We are also afraid of unions. We share your fears.

A nice place to work but you won't get rich or promoted to an executive any time soon.

Senior Support (Former Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare

Pros: For the most part, Intermountain is a positive and happy place to work. Co-workers are helpful and friendly and I… Cons: Due to the nature of working in a hospital environment, opportunities for advancement and promotability are few. The majority of employees are long-term - 20+… Advice to Senior Management: Stop playing favorties and do what is really needed for… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Don't fight it, just comply

Registered Nurse (Current Employee)
    Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare

Pros: a large monopoly that crushes all competitors will never go… Cons: There is a rule or procedure for EVERYTHING. If there is a possibility… Advice to Senior Management: Think outside of the box, or at the very least… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Intermountain Healthcare.

Worked for Intermountain Healthcare? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Intermountain Healthcare reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Intermountain Healthcare CEO Charles W. Sorenson. All reviews posted anonymously by Intermountain Healthcare employees.