There are newer employer reviews for Intermountain Healthcare

I've worked for several healthcare corporations and this is the best by far

Current Employee - Clinical Area Manager in Ogden, UT
Current Employee - Clinical Area Manager in Ogden, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare

Pros

The community atmosphere at IHC is very strong. You can rely on your co-workers to help you and the hospitals have a family unit type of feel because everyone it seems genuinely cares about everyone else. I would trust my family's care only to IHC. They go through extensive work to make decisions via solid data and evidence. The resources for decision based care are incredible.

Cons

There's no sitting back as an employee, you are required to constantly strive to give more. Sometimes that can be exhausting for the amount of pay we receive. They also tend to hire idiot consulting firms like Stockamp Huron. We have to put our hospital back together after they leave. No one seems to understand the frustration.

Keep going despite what is happening in the country with healthcare. We rely on you. We are trying to keep it together also. We are also afraid of unions. We share your fears.

reviews filtered by

A nice place to work but you won't get rich or promoted to an executive any time soon.

Former Employee - Senior Support in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Senior Support in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare

Pros

For the most part, Intermountain is a positive and happy place to work. Co-workers are helpful and friendly and I believe management is very supportive. With somewhat limited resources, they try to give back to the people on the frontline.

Cons

Due to the nature of working in a hospital environment, opportunities for advancement and promotability are few. The majority of employees are long-term - 20+ years. So higher level openings do not come about very often. Salaries are not great but they are adequate. There a lot of the 'good ol' boys" in the corporate structure.

Stop playing favorties and do what is really needed for the people on the front line.

Don't fight it, just comply

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare

Pros

a large monopoly that crushes all competitors will never go out of business, especially in the healthcare field.

Cons

There is a rule or procedure for EVERYTHING. If there is a possibility of something happening, there will be an official policy or procedure for dealing with it.

Think outside of the box, or at the very least widen the box a little.

There are newer employer reviews for Intermountain Healthcare