There are newer employer reviews for Intermountain Healthcare

Its size is both an asset and a hindrance...

Current Employee - Registered Nurse
Current Employee - Registered Nurse

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time

Pros

Good health benefits. Ability to change hospitals but remain with the same company and use familiar charting systems. Protocols in place based on most recent evidence.

Cons

Low pay. No pay differentials for RNs based on degree type or additional certification. Shift differentials and on-call pay based on percentages, so staff lower on the totem pole not only get paid less in the first place, but get gypped on differentials as well. In many locations clinical staff can be put on-call and lose pay anytime the census is low. No cost of living differential for hospitals in different parts of the state.

Put more effort into retaining workers and making sure RN's are compensated for extra education. You can do little things like offer a discount for the cafeteria and have drawings for random prizes to hide the lack of pay, but it's doing little in the way of truly enhancing employee satisfaction.

reviews filtered by
  1. One of the most superlative companies I have ever worked with.

Current Employee - Custodian in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Custodian in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

The Kids, the people, the staff and everyone else. The staff is the best staff in the world. There are none better for those kids!

Cons

It's hard to watch how much the family and their children suffer sometimes.

You are doing a marvelous job with kids and everybody else who work and live there. I love you all very much. Thank you for being so AWESOME!

2. Just a number to the company.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Salt Lake City, UT

I worked at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Being able to move up from starting jobs to Jr.-Sr. positions.
    Strive to have a healthy employee base. (No Smoking - Weight reduction...)
    Great place to work and hide.

Cons

Just like working for government with less pay. Lower management run departments like fiefdoms. One of the four managers experiences were positive.

To much distance between Human Recourses and employee's. I got the feeling that HR was just there to support managers and protect the company.

I felt that my health was tied to my ability to work for this company.

One bad manager (3 years) can destroy a good working environment of (13 years).

Favoritism to specific employees brings the department moral down. I have been on both ends of this spectrum (favored and out of favor). If we are going to be just a number then equal treatment for everyone. **Don't blow things out of proportion** if not then: treat us like individuals and reward punish according to performance.

There are newer employer reviews for Intermountain Healthcare