Intermountain Healthcare

There are newer employer reviews for Intermountain Healthcare

Life at IHC

Current Employee - Engineering in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Engineering in Provo, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It has very high job security. I feel comfident that I wil be retaining my job for as long as I'm able to do the work.

I enjoy the atmosphere of a hospital and variety of people met.

Cons

Because of the high job security, some individuals with toxic personalities are allowed to remain longer than they may have in another company.

Advice to Management

It's not always the one who's being complained about who's the problem, and while it's said that going to HR with an issue is confidential, I've not encountered any time when it didn't eventually become known.
There needs to be a system where complaints can be submitted and recorded without the need to take action until a time, of their choosing, when enough information can be accumilated. Once action is started, the reporting person is ALWAYS brought to light. Some cases need immediate action while others are accumulative 'minor' issues (non-contact bullying, undermining anothers work, slander to coworkers, etc.) that may go away with time, but the documentation is good to have, rather than having a person come in after years with a list of undocumented incidents and be asked why they weren't reported earlier. Some feel reporting ongoing non-immediate infractions will only stir up more recrimination because unless it IS an issue that needs immediate action that terminates employment, that offending person will have been repremanded but is still there to great problems that are usually worse than the ones reported and the reporting party is now regretting ever walking into HR for assistance.
Sorry, hope that wasn't considered a rant. Just a personal observation.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great place to work, family friendly, work friendly, life friendly.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time

Pros

Here at Intermountain, they care about how you are doing as a person not just as an employee. Great benefits. Great career advancement opportunities.

Cons

Great talented employees shouldn't have to wait 6 months to apply for other jobs.

Advice to Management

No advice, company is great!!!

2. Happy RN in Provo Utah

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Provo, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I appreciate the benefits package

Cons

Less than impressive wages, but on par with other hospitals in the area

Advice to Management

Sorry, nothing to share here

There are newer employer reviews for Intermountain Healthcare