Intermountain Healthcare

There are newer employer reviews for Intermountain Healthcare

Life at IHC

Current Employee - Engineering in Provo, UT
Current Employee - Engineering in Provo, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

It has very high job security. I feel comfident that I wil be retaining my job for as long as I'm able to do the work.

I enjoy the atmosphere of a hospital and variety of people met.

Cons

Because of the high job security, some individuals with toxic personalities are allowed to remain longer than they may have in another company.

It's not always the one who's being complained about who's the problem, and while it's said that going to HR with an issue is confidential, I've not encountered any time when it didn't eventually become known.
There needs to be a system where complaints can be submitted and recorded without the need to take action until a time, of their choosing, when enough information can be accumilated. Once action is started, the reporting person is ALWAYS brought to light. Some cases need immediate action while others are accumulative 'minor' issues (non-contact bullying, undermining anothers work, slander to coworkers, etc.) that may go away with time, but the documentation is good to have, rather than having a person come in after years with a list of undocumented incidents and be asked why they weren't reported earlier. Some feel reporting ongoing non-immediate infractions will only stir up more recrimination because unless it IS an issue that needs immediate action that terminates employment, that offending person will have been repremanded but is still there to great problems that are usually worse than the ones reported and the reporting party is now regretting ever walking into HR for assistance.
Sorry, hope that wasn't considered a rant. Just a personal observation.

192 Other Employee Reviews for Intermountain Healthcare (View Most Recent)

Happy RN in Provo Utah

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Provo, UT
    Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Provo, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

I appreciate the benefits package

Cons

Less than impressive wages, but on par with other hospitals in the area

Sorry, nothing to share here

Disappointed...

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Intermountain Healthcare full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Safe place to work if you want to just keep a job.

Cons

Corporate, highly regulated. Driven by compliance to all rules. Intermountain is governed by policies that are many levels higher than what the law requires-- sometimes to the point of being ridiculous. Difficult to advance in this company unless you are "connected", meaning related to someone on high or in the right position. Not the same place it was 10 years ago (I've worked here for nearly 20 years). Not about the patient anymore, which is unfortunate.

Listen to your front line staff and middle managers. After your patients, they are your best asset and you are losing good ones to competitors in the marketplace.

There are newer employer reviews for Intermountain Healthcare