International Crisis Group

www.crisisgroup.org
There are newer employer reviews for International Crisis Group

View from the bottom

I have been working at International Crisis Group as an intern

Pros

You'll mostly meet fantastic people who are smart, professional and can teach you a lot about the real world of international affairs. If you work in an office with a relatively flat hierarchy, as I did, there are invaluable opportunities to contribute research and writing.

Cons

Interns earn a tiny stipend. I was lucky enough to be able to work for free for a few months but this isn't something everyone can afford to do.

Few opportunities to move into full time positions. The organization is 20 percent interns from what I understand.

Small office means atmosphere and style is dominated by the head of the office (can be good or bad depending on their working style and personality, just FYI.)

9 Other Employee Reviews for International Crisis Group (View Most Recent)

Poor Leadership

I have been working at International Crisis Group for less than a year

Pros

Good learning experience; contributing to meaningful work

Cons

Leadership is resistant to change, lack of teamwork, low pay, poor organizational strategy

I have been working at International Crisis Group as an intern

Pros

International Crisis Group is a great place to learn new skills. There are lots of opportunities to network and attend events related to international affairs. There are plenty of opportunity to learn if you are willing. You have the opportunity to work with people who are passionate about they do.

Cons

The workload is hit or miss. You either have nothing to do or staying late to finish all the work you were assigned.

There are newer employer reviews for International Crisis Group

Worked for International Crisis Group? Contribute to the Community!