International Data Group
www.idg.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

Not a competitive salary, but phenomenal company benefits (health, dental, 401k, etc...)

BILLING DIRECTOR (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

ProsThe best reason hands down is that IDG hires some of the smartest folks in the publishing industry, regardless of specific department. They also carry some of the BEST medical coverage and numerous other perks (commuter checks, 37.5 hour work week, training & education, technology purchase program...)

ConsUnfortunately, the communication of the company's mission or drive for current projects is lacking. It seemed to me that lots of people are working in a bubble. Also, there was a problem with follow through or completion of certain goals set by upper management.

Its ok

Marketing (Current Employee)
    Boston, MA

I have been working at International Data Group

Pros: Good work life balance, and many areas for mobility. Upper-management are outdated… Cons: Not competitive pay, some people are not aware of talent.… Advice to Senior Management: Appreciate more, make room for promotions to the best employee… More

Was a better place in the past, now going downhill.

Framingham, MA

I have been working at International Data Group

Pros: A wide range of different jobs. Allow a lot of time… Cons: Due to consolidation, career mobility has completely evaporated. Everyone who leaves our group, leaves IDG. There used to be more options for… Advice to Senior Management: I liked it before when the company was more decentralized. … No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on International Data Group.

Worked for International Data Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Data Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for International Data Group CEO Pat McGovern. All reviews posted anonymously by International Data Group employees.