International Data Group
www.idg.com Boston, MA 5000+ Employees

A prestigious company too relaxed and near-sighted to brace itself for the future.

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
San Francisco, CA

I worked at International Data Group

ProsIDG's employees hold a great amount of respect for one another; overall the office culture is very comfortable. The company is very accommodating to your personal needs in terms of benefits and getting time off. It's a great company to work for if you're a seasoned professional with a family.

ConsOffice comfort works as a double-edged sword. The company's leaders seem to be primarily interested in customer (i.e. readership) retention rather than expansion. In doing so it falls short when it comes to embracing new, original ideas, which would in effect attract a new set of regular visitors.

Advice to Senior ManagementTo let go of the old regime and develop a clearer vision for a new one. To seek to both retain and expand its reader base.

Good place to work

Homer, NY

I have been working at International Data Group

Pros: very good career opportunities there Cons: I can be somewhat decentralized Advice to Senior Management: Give more opportunities to others Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Great company and atmosphere, but my group's senior manager was a poor leader.

Manager of Development (Former Employee)
Los Angeles, CA

I worked at International Data Group

Pros: The benefits and atmosphere were fantastic. Quarterly bonuses, 401k… Cons: Our group was given goals that constantly changed, and resources… Advice to Senior Management: Decide on your objectives, and stick to them. Show some deference to… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on International Data Group.

Worked for International Data Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Data Group reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for International Data Group CEO Pat McGovern. All reviews posted anonymously by International Data Group employees.