International Game Technology

www.igt.com
There are newer employer reviews for International Game Technology

Horrible Place to Work. I would only recommend to an enemy!

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I worked at International Game Technology

Pros

Steady paycheck
Good health insurance
Employee Gym
Cafeteria

Cons

The manager/supervisors in my department are clueless on how to motivate and engage their employees. Instead of admitting it and trying to change the situation they blame the employees. The supervisors lack the basic knowledge needed to support their staff and often make huge mistakes, making the staff jump through hoops to fix their poor decisions. They are however very good at cruising the hallways and documenting who isn't at their desks. It is my understanding that this type of "leadership" is rampant throughout the company, which explains the large turnover. I am sure the CEO has encouraged this type of "leadership". They don't care if people are unhappy and even told our entire department this in a "motivational" meeting. Stay away from this company unless you enjoy being micromanged, documented and your career either destroyed or die a slow death.

Wake up and smell the coffee! Instead of blaming the employees for the poor work environment you need to look within yourself. Do something positive to change the situation. I've heard IGT used to be a great company to work for. Help it to move back in that direction.

303 Other Employee Reviews for International Game Technology (View Most Recent)

Good till Patty and her staff took over

Current Employee - Engineer in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Engineer in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology

Pros

It used to be a great company, with great resources and talent. and there's still a vast amount
    of experience and forward thinking within the group. Hopefully IGT can be a great company again.

Cons

There certainly is a huge disconnect between upper management and the employees at IGT. People are leaving in droves due to the poor treatment by the new management. Management that are generally new to the gaming industry and have little if any experience when they come through the doors. There is an overpowering sense of arrogance and ignorance from these people who generally treat the employees with contempt and neglect. Very sad considering it was once a great company to work for.

These people don't take advice. That's the problem. but if they did, i'd suggest that they recognize some of the talent that they have within the walls and promote some of these people before they move on. Spend more time talking to people at ground level. Witness the talent and enthusiasm that still exists even when the company seems to be sinking fast. There really is a vast amount of talent and experience that is just not being utilized.

If you want to learn, you must have the here with all to do it yourself

Current Employee - Applications Specialist-II in Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist-II in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology

Pros

The pay is pretty good, but not what other companies pay it specialists for the same job(s)

Cons

The management is terrible and they only promote their friends

Stop hiring your friends and hire competent persons

There are newer employer reviews for International Game Technology