IGT is currently in a transitory phase and all the changes being made are becoming challenging with more uncertainty.

Current Employee - Engineering Manager  in  Reno, NV
Current Employee - Engineering Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology

Pros

(1) Industry leader, (2) Talented employees. (3) Great people.
If the new ventures pan out, IGT should become profitable again.

Cons

Benifits have reduced drastically, opportunities for growth have diminished because of slowdown in the industry and the cuts being made across the board.

If benefits and salaries don't increase, talent will continue to leave the company.

Other Reviews for International Game Technology

Down Hill Racer for 11 years

Current Employee - Manager  in  Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Manager in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology

Pros

My manager leaves me alone for the most part, because I am quite capable of performing my job. That is one of the best parts. There are only about 4 Managers or Supervisors in the IT department that are worth anything and these would be the ones you would like to work with and for.

Cons

The IT department suffers from poor UN-QUALIFIED managers, especially the Application Support Staff as they are usually playing cards, flying whirlybirds, etc. instead of trying to fix the awful Altiris Helpdesk ticketing system, which I am sure other companies that use it do not have the terrible issues that we face. Number ONE reason why more of us are seeking gainful employment elsewhere. Another reason is the review process called MBOs which you as an employee have to do most of the input and then it is checked. As more of the excellent IT staff move on to greener pastures, (no real opportunities for advancement). The ones remaining are given more responsibility, with out compensation. Then `you have some co-workers who are lazy and figure you will do the work. The IT department is far behind with regards to technology advancements as they do not have knowledgeable MANAGERS and senior staff personnel who should keep abreast of the changing environment.

Hire Qaulified Managers and Supervisors who know what they are doing. Replace the employee review system. Install a better Service Desk software. Patti Hart is doing the best she can with the tools she was given. She has to rely on her staff to do the right thing

If you want to learn, you must have the here with all to do it yourself

Current Employee - Applications Specialist-II  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Current Employee - Applications Specialist-II in Las Vegas, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology

Pros

The pay is pretty good, but not what other companies pay it specialists for the same job(s)

Cons

The management is terrible and they only promote their friends

Stop hiring your friends and hire competent persons

There are newer employer reviews for International Game Technology.

Worked for International Game Technology? Contribute to the Community!