International Game Technology

www.igt.com
  www.igt.com
There are newer employer reviews for International Game Technology

Poor management, leadership no existent.

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reno, NV
Former Employee - Software Engineer in Reno, NV

I worked at International Game Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Good people to work with, talented individuals, salary not bad.

Cons

Good old white boy mentality through out the company. Minorities have to prove themselves and majority of the time will not be sufficient. We had a very talented software tester he left and got tired of the way he was treat it.

Get rid of the good 'ol boy networks you have in Reno and Las Vegas and the talent will flourish with awesome ideas and games.

291 Other Employee Reviews for International Game Technology (View Most Recent)

Not a well-run company

Current Employee - IGT Support Center Coordinator III in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - IGT Support Center Coordinator III in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Free drinking water and coffee. I like the gym located within the facilities. The parking lot is very big. Easy badge access into the facility. People from other departments leave candy on their desks, so I walk around during my breaks and get unlimited free candy!

Cons

Management often uses big words at meetings, but everything sounds forced and uninspired. The truth is I think they don't like working here either and it shows in their everyday attitude. If you do have a question or concern, they will say something like "I'll get back to you on that," then later they return with what feels like a canned answer they looked up online or in a management book. They seem to prefer communicating via email and not face-to-face, even though their cubicles are located a few feet away.

Management always takes the side of a Supervisor over an employee if any kind of dispute arises and therefore it is best if you take your issue to HR. However, HR will ask why you didn't take the issue to your manager before talking to HR. It's a very frustrating process.

When applying out to other departments, you are treated like an outsider at the interview. IGT does not seem to like promoting from within. And when your Supervisor finds out you applied to another department, they will ask you why you don't like your current job. If someone is actually promoted within the department, Management will flat out -lie- and say there's a rule that states that the promoted person isn't allowed to apply for a job in another department for at least a year.

When employees from other departments walk by the room I work in, they sometimes stop and stare at you through the window. Do you like being stared at while you are trying to work?

Treat employees with respect and try to have a more positive outlook.

Great company!

Former Employee - Material Handler II in Reno, NV
    Former Employee - Material Handler II in Reno, NV

I worked at International Game Technology full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Profit sharing, company functions, Nice family feeling for such a large company.

Cons

With the downfall in the economy some of the extra perks have been cut back. I see them coming back later.

Keep doing what you are doing!

There are newer employer reviews for International Game Technology