International Game Technology
www.igt.com Las Vegas, NV 1000 to 5000 Employees

Not a well-run company

IGT Support Center Coordinator III (Current Employee)
Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time for more than 5 years

ProsFree drinking water and coffee. I like the gym located within the facilities. The parking lot is very big. Easy badge access into the facility. People from other departments leave candy on their desks, so I walk around during my breaks and get unlimited free candy!

ConsManagement often uses big words at meetings, but everything sounds forced and uninspired. The truth is I think they don't like working here either and it shows in their everyday attitude. If you do have a question or concern, they will say something like "I'll get back to you on that," then later they return with what feels like a canned answer they looked up online or in a management book. They seem to prefer communicating via email and not face-to-face, even though their cubicles are located a few feet away.

Management always takes the side of a Supervisor over an employee if any kind of dispute arises and therefore it is best if you take your issue to HR. However, HR will ask why you didn't take the issue to your manager before talking to HR. It's a very frustrating process.

When applying out to other departments, you are treated like an outsider at the interview. IGT does not seem to like promoting from within. And when your Supervisor finds out you applied to another department, they will ask you why you don't like your current job. If someone is actually promoted within the department, Management will flat out -lie- and say there's a rule that states that the promoted person isn't allowed to apply for a job in another department for at least a year.

When employees from other departments walk by the room I work in, they sometimes stop and stare at you through the window. Do you like being stared at while you are trying to work?

Advice to Senior ManagementTreat employees with respect and try to have a more positive outlook.

Very bad middle management

Software Engineer (Current Employee)
Reno, NV

Pros: Steady Paycheck, Ok Medical Benefits, Pretty Building, Cons: Absolutely Terrible Morale across the company as a whole, Middle management very unqualified (company would seem to hire people who have lied… Advice to Senior Management: Bottom line growth is only sustainable for so long. Senior management needs to find a new way to grow the company… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend – I'm not optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company!

Material Handler II (Former Employee)

I worked at International Game Technology full-time for more than 10 years

Pros: Profit sharing, company functions, Nice family feeling for such a… Cons: With the downfall in the economy some of the extra… Advice to Senior Management: Keep doing what you are doing! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on International Game Technology.

Worked for International Game Technology? Contribute to the Community!

International Game Technology – Why Work for Us?

IGT is the global leader in the design, development, and manufacturing of computerized gaming machines and network systems products as well as online and mobile gaming solutions for regulated markets. Our industry is… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at International Game Technology reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for International Game Technology CEO Patti S. Hart. All reviews posted anonymously by International Game Technology employees.