International Game Technology

There are newer employer reviews for International Game Technology

Lucky to be here.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

No single person can speak for a company this big. I see and read the negative comments and I am not without empathy. However, I left for a while, it is tough out there. It is extremely difficult to find any job, let alone a good or great job.
I was lucky to get my foot back in the door and the department in which I am employed happens to be amazing. We have clear goals and concise leadership and I look forward to coming here everyday and working with my team and our partners.
Many problems we face are being faced by other companies, all across the country.
We all need to step it up.
I am sorry if you do not like it here, but you will not bring me down.

Cons

Sure there are some problems and concerns. Again, these problems are happening in many companies, but on an individual basis there just might be something that you can do to make it better.

If I had any good advice for someone who is qualified to to be a Manager, V.P. or CEO, I guess I would apply for one of those positions so that I could make more money and advance my career.
Working on it. Not there yet.

293 Other Employee Reviews for International Game Technology (View Most Recent)

Work smart, hard, and be positive to be successful.

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time

Pros

I am happy with the work/life balance they offer. You can work hard and still stay close to a 40 hr week. They take the time to understand your strengths and weaknesses, and try to give you work geared towards your strengths.

Cons

There is a current scare of layoffs, but regardless, any corporation needs excellent employees to keep their business going. As long as you put yourself in that category, you have nothing to worry about. How do you do this? Refer to the title of this review.

Continue to communicate with your employees, and do not keep them in the dark regarding big decisions. The bad attitudes should be the first to go because they drain the energy of the employees around them, and take away from productivity.

House of Cards (and Lies)

Current Employee - Engineer in Reno, NV
    Current Employee - Engineer in Reno, NV

I have been working at International Game Technology full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Quality people in the rank-n-file level positions. Good name recognition, resume builder, stepping stone. Global reach.

Cons

Where to start? The company is in freefall, big layoffs coming within weeks -- they will probably time it just ahead of next earnings call. The CEO is problematic, for reasons others have mentioned. Take a look at all of her VP level hires, how have they panned out? What is the common thread among them (besides no industry knowledge and command of buzz words)? If you look at that (upper management) you start to understand why this once great company is in decline, why some on here are pandering publicly about how great it is because they are afraid they will get laid off soon and why the morale and productivity at IGT is at an all time low.

The company needs a leadership change. C-level VPs need to go with the CEO out the door. Company needs to start communicating and stop BS'ing their employees. Less HR and corporate buzzwords, more straight talk. The employees deserve better leadership, from people with Gaming Industry backgrounds (what a radical idea). Layoffs are a way of life for any big company, if you have to do it -- be decisive, quick and respectful (IGT does none of this).

There are newer employer reviews for International Game Technology